Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Did you read it? I don't think so..Buz you saw my name on it and boom GPTB response. I think if you read it carefully you would agrre that it is probably the most balanced editorial written on this subject. In fact there are some points that your buddy longride has been making. No go back to Go and do no collect $200.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Move along Browningbar there is nothing to see here..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: If You Have a Five-Dollar Brain...

Until they develop a prosthetic brain, a helmet is the best way to keep a dance with the pavement from being the Last Dance. But there will always be folks campaigning for The Right to Be Stupid.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Restrict vision and hearing? After an hour without a helmet, your eyes are watering, you've been hit by a few bugs (dragonflies are a real melonfarmer) and your ears are ringing anyway, unless you're plodding along at about forty five, holding up all the RV's behind you. In that case, it's probably fine.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Re: If You Have a Five-Dollar Brain...

"Until they develop a prosthetic brain, a helmet is the best way to keep a dance with the pavement from being the Last Dance."

No, not riding a motorcycle is the best way.

The majority of people believe simply riding a motorcycle is dangerously stupid. Since I do not wish them to have the power to tell me I can't risk my life riding, I will not tell other riders they cannot risk their lives riding helmetless.

I always wear a helmet. That's my decision. Nobody else's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
personally, I'm against helmet laws. since it seems that only idiots (harley riders and sandal toting, shorts wearing busa rider/squids) refuse to wear them, it seems like helmet freedom does a pretty good job of weeding out the shallow end of the gene pool. I'm currently nursing a broken collarbone caused by wearing a helmet during a crash. after seeing the impact that my helmet took for me at 120 mph, I shudder to think of what other injuries I'd be nursing if the racing organizations & track-day providers didn't require helmets and I chose not to wear one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, why is it always 'Busa riders who are wearing shorts? The same phenomenon occurs here in Europe. It isn't the superfast-bike-no-protection paradox kick either, 'cos Blackbird riders are always leathered and armoured from head to toe...any ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The mind set against wearing helmets goes beyond the reasons usually given.

Up here in NH,going helmetless is a means of fitting in,being cool,lookin`tough.

It is crazy that so many will wear chaps,leather

jackets,boots,and anything else to create an image,but cannot bring themselves to wear head protection.

It`s not JUST a HARLEY thing rither.

The group rules.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"after seeing the impact that my helmet took for me at 120 mph"

And this idiot has the balls to utter "weeding out the shallow end of the gene pool" Looks like you are holding up your end of the stick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the distinct that this was a track accident, too. If we start in on the track folk, then you put a good portion of MO's articles under suspicion since that's where a lot of the bike analyses happen.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
In Utah it appears that 600cc Supersports are sold with free t-shirts, shorts and sandals as a promotional gimmick.

I've lost count of the idiots I've seen blazing down the Interstate at 90+ with nothing on but shorts and sandals. Sometimes they wear a helmet with their sandals and shorts... as if it would matter.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.