Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
the 1250 has been out over here in europe for a while, and (from what i can tell after a test drive) it would make a great tourer/pretty decent commuter. here is what the british mag motorcycle news (who gave the 1250 five out of five stars for value) had to say about it:

"...Suzuki have created a 1255cc water-cooled, fuel-injected, tourque-laden peach of an engine. The frame and suspension have also been upgraded to give a sumptuous, well-mannered mileage machine that can also run in the twisties... Suzuki haven’t changed the chassis too much from the old (k6) model, just beefed up the frame rails and revised the suspension damping and springs. Big difference, though, as it now steers faultlessly, stable and hides its weight well.

With nigh-on 80ftlb of torque delivered to the rear wheel at 3700rpm, the Bandit’s new six-speed gearbox needs little provocation. It’ll cheerfully pull from 3500rpm in top gear and run on to 140+mph. That gearbox is typical Suzuki: precise, perfectly spaced ratios. And, hoorah, no sign of any fuel-injection stutters or flat spots in its performance delivery."

seems ready to be your beast of burden.

·
Registered
207 Posts
good points. i just hope that some of these (for me at least) interesting/more-real-world-oriented naked designs make their way over to the states before i move back permanently.

for example, kawasaki has put the 650 ninja engine into an enduro model for the european market, which might be a great second bike/commuter/short range tourer. considering that the hornet and the 1250 bandit have already emigrated stateside, i'm optimistic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts