Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
should be fun to watch Mladin melt down as the pressure builds. It was more fun when he could whine about unfairness of a 750 against a bigger Twin, blah blah blah... Now that the Ducati is uncompetitive he doesn't seem to mind.

Put Kurtis Roberts on a Superbike too, that will really chap MM ass...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Remember everyone was saying Mladin should go cause no one else can win... I say Mladin should stay so the younger riders have world class competiion. So they don't get their butts kicked vs world competition in MotoGP. Seems to have worked in Nicky's case. Competing with has beens and other young riders doesn't push riders like Spies to the next level. Having Mladin around does..

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Mladin seems to find a way to ***** about everything.

He's a great rider but not exactly the chamber of commerce-type guy the AMA needs to get the sport as popular as Supercross.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You may be right, but i dont think people were saying Mladin should go to let others win. its just that its not justified to call him the greatest AMA super bike racer because he's won the most titles , when his stiffest competition leaves to compete on the World stage. how many championships would rainey/Schwantz/Spencer etc. etc. have won if they hadnt gone overseas.? Would Mladin have won the last couple titles if Nicky and edwards were racing AMA? I have all the respect in the world for Mladin and what he's accomplished, but feel he should have gone GP several years ago to establish his cred as the "greatest".

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was astonished to see Mladin make the mistakes at Barber. I am no fan of his (always root for Miguel ) but respect his concentration and preparation for races, and to see him cave like that. I am sure Spies will head off after he has proved himself.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Point

Ok I buy that agrument....Yep Edwards and Hayden could kick his butt. No doubt.. I agree

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.