Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What side is the positive terminal on, i took the battery out and it near broke my finger when it fell on my finger i need to put it back in, but i was in so much pain when it fell i didn't pay attention to where it was. This is the hardest bike i have ever worked on. help

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Batteries usually have a "+" sign on the positive terminal or somewhere right next to it on the battery case. The "-" sign is the negative terminal. The terminals are on different sides on d1fferent batteries.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Stuff the battery back in so that the terminals are on the same side of the box that the cables are on! Unless he has abnormally long cables it will only fit in the correct orientation.

Ok, let's do this the right way: get a multimeter and carefully determine which terminal is positive. Then pick a cable at random and flick the end of it against that positive terminal. If nothing happens, you made the right connection. If there's a nice arcing spark and "FZZT" sound, that would be the negative cable.

Kids, don't try this at home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.