Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
On the other hand one could look at this a good reason for the AMA and all us to be in front on this issue. i.e. Get the kpaul plan on the books as law so we can get insurance rates down and deaths down so motorcycling can stay below the radar of the law makers.

kpaul plan

1. Mandatory full-face helmet Federal law.

2. Mandatory approved riding gear Federal Law

3. Mandatory training every 6 years Federal Law

4. Mandatory testing every 3 years

5. Mandatory motorcycle endorsement to register a bike.

6. AMA sponsored real road training classes.

7. Tiered licensed based on hp,torque, and weight combo..

Preserve the privilege to ride pass the 7 point kpaul plan..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Looks like you, Buz, longride and the rest of the GPTB are in the minority. Almost 60% of MO voters are for helmet laws and more than 60% are for tiered licensing.. Times are changing...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Good point.. Feds will have to withhold highway money until states pass the appropriate laws. Similar to drinking age and speed limit laws..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent effective satirical counter agreement. Very creative.. I think number 3 is already law in most states. Seems like number 4 is redundant to carrying a valid motorcycle license. I think you bring up a good point on number 5 and 6. I think a 5 year limit on helmets probably would be a good thing. I like number 8 and 9 though. Number 10 is already law in states that have vehicle safety inspections. Number 1 has no chance to become law.. All Harley's and Goldwings would be illegal. Don't think that is reasonable. I think my kpaul plan is much more reasonable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.