Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: BEGINNER ON TWO WHEELS

Check your state's requirements. In Washington if you get your learner's permit from the Department of Licensing (DOL)you must take their silly little parking lot test despite completing the MSF course. If you start with the MSF then DOL will simply issue your (all motorcycle) endorsement when you show them your MSF certificate.

The little Ninja is not only a good beginner bike, it's just a good bike. I seem to buy another one every few years just to ride for giggles, but the 250 does help you learn to ride smoothly and with foresight. There is a lot more to being a good sport bike rider than having quick wrists and hands. The Breva 750 is a great bike, specifically designed for beginners or returning riders--I've always referred to it as the Miata of motorcycles. If you live where you can ride a dirt bike make sure you try it. like everyone else said its a really good first step.

Never ever ride with somebody who's horsepower exceeds their IQ

Have fun most of all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you get the Breva 1100 don't bother with the optional windscreen. Although it reduces the airflow to your chest it increases turbulance and noise levels dramatically in all four positions ( I find the lowest setting the least bothersome) and I won't put mine back on till winter. Great bike though--it really is a bigger, better 750 with a warm puppy dog feeling to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.