Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unique, aggressive new graphics. Dare I say, Bold?

I'm sure it's worth every extra penny. It would sure stand out from the crowd. I wonder though about getting a matching riding suit.

Some day I aspire to own such a vehicle, as I also hope to get a Ferrari, some day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, just what we all need, another "special edition" Ducati to add to the list of over inflated moto-jewelry. Hey all you Ducatisti, just admit it, if Ralph Lauren made motorcycles, you would buy them too......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I think the bike's great looking and would love to have one in my fantasy bike museum. However, I wouldn't dare ride it - can you imagine laying it down?? I'd ride it like a grandma if I had to ride it at all. But I digress...

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they made a Bostrom bike instead of a Bayliss replica?!? I'd be a bit miffed if I were Troy.

-Ollie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Unique, aggressive new graphics. Dare I say, Bold?

Is this another ploy by Ducati to extract money from poor American wannabes by taking a 996 painting it like Bostroms (evil kenival sp?) modern art helmet and charging 20K for it?? I can just imagine some dork saying to himself "if I get this bike my life will finally have some meaning" but he'll be so afraid to wad the thing I will lever leave his car port!! Corporate greed at its worse!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love Ducatis but I gotta agree buying this bike is akin to wearing a John Elway or Michael Jordan jersey; ie some peoples pathetic idea of getting a life. Can you imagine riding the thing though, everyone will think "look at this wanker who thinks he's Ben Bostrum". Get a Ben Bostrum poster, idolize the guy if necessary, but get your own life and realize pretending to be someone you're not will make you look like a loser. Still, I bet they'll probably sell as well as Michael Jordan jerseys...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.