Motorcycle Forums banner

Ben Bostrom replica Ducati to be produced

13K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  CarsSuck 
#1 ·
Unique, aggressive new graphics. Dare I say, Bold?

I'm sure it's worth every extra penny. It would sure stand out from the crowd. I wonder though about getting a matching riding suit.

Some day I aspire to own such a vehicle, as I also hope to get a Ferrari, some day.

#10 ·
Well, I think the bike's great looking and would love to have one in my fantasy bike museum. However, I wouldn't dare ride it - can you imagine laying it down?? I'd ride it like a grandma if I had to ride it at all. But I digress...

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they made a Bostrom bike instead of a Bayliss replica?!? I'd be a bit miffed if I were Troy.

-Ollie

#15 ·
Re: Unique, aggressive new graphics. Dare I say, Bold?

Is this another ploy by Ducati to extract money from poor American wannabes by taking a 996 painting it like Bostroms (evil kenival sp?) modern art helmet and charging 20K for it?? I can just imagine some dork saying to himself "if I get this bike my life will finally have some meaning" but he'll be so afraid to wad the thing I will lever leave his car port!! Corporate greed at its worse!

#17 ·
I love Ducatis but I gotta agree buying this bike is akin to wearing a John Elway or Michael Jordan jersey; ie some peoples pathetic idea of getting a life. Can you imagine riding the thing though, everyone will think "look at this wanker who thinks he's Ben Bostrum". Get a Ben Bostrum poster, idolize the guy if necessary, but get your own life and realize pretending to be someone you're not will make you look like a loser. Still, I bet they'll probably sell as well as Michael Jordan jerseys...

#21 ·
Wow

don't call him an idiot. be nice. don't swear...

did I just type that out loud??? Doh!

Sports jerseys are just shirts. I'm pretty sure people who wear them very well may just be fans, and might not actually think they're someone else at all. As far as selling like Jordan jerseys, I could be wrong but I bet they didn't limit the number of Jordan jerseys that were produced to 155. I mean c'mon, get a little tiny clue. Do you really have no idea why they make little limited ed. specials and why people buy them? I don't want one, but who cares.

You idiot.

sorry.

#22 ·
If I had one I'd ride the piss out of it and thrash it.

as hard as I could. And if I didn't crash it quick enough, I'd try flattracking it on some gravel. I bet that'd do it. Just think how cool I'd be riding a bike like this with some big gravel scuffs on the side of the fairing! (Well I'd be just as cool as I already am, but that's beside the point.) Pissing off all the squares and snooty dorks who would actually use the term "ducatisti" in reference to themselves, confusing all the g-money nerds in tommy hilfiger shirts, and making all the girlies swoon. And the righteous would rejoice in it being saved from the hands of those who don't think motorcycles are for riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.