Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Aerostich/Rider WareHouse often puts its custom-made returned or unclaimed items on sale. You gotta be the right size but Mercury and Venus do line up from time to time. If so, you can get some great stuff for a pretty good price. It is never cheap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
www.motorcycleleatherexchange.com

wow, they need more advertising I guess..

actual USED equipment in fine fettle. New stuff too, especially JR. I bought several sets of gear from them. Jay and Lisa are awesome.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Funny though

I was in the parking lot parked next to a homemade Shovelhead chopper with a coffin tank and twisted wrought-iron sissy bar.

Marlon Brando #1 is standing next to #2 looking at it and says, "that's a cool Knucklehead."

I didn't have the heart to tell him he had no idea what he was talking about. He'd have burned his doo-rag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should also check out your local clubs - some of them come with good discounts at local bike shops. Rose City Motorcycle Club in Portland brings a 20% discount at the local Honda, Yamaha, Suzi dealer.... (not the bikes but all the gear...)

Grif

·
Registered
295 Posts
Newenough.com is great. I have been using them for years. Get on their e-mail list, you can find out about the specials that way. I can wait for the deep discounted stuff, 'cause I have enough gear.

Got a brand new Vanson jacket for $179. It's a Manx, and normally sells for something north of $500. (And if anyone asks, Vanson gear is really as good as people claim it to be. Quality is apparent everywhere. The leather is the best that I have ever seen. It doesn't hurt that women love to touch it.)

Francis

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have purchased many items from newenough.com They get it out the door quickly and the service is very good. Also, I try to support my local shop. If you have several items you want to buy, I suggest going to your local shop and asking for help and ask them what they can do for you if you buy several items. If you don't know exactly what you want, a good salesman will actually listen and find something appropriate. I suggest going during the day, during the week if you can so you can get more attention.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can't speak for any other states, but in this section of fly-over country there's a line on the state income tax form to declare the retail price of out-of-state purchases. Sales tax (including additional local by zip code) is then calculated and added to the total income tax owed.

Well, I declare!

Pretty cheap here. Our current rate is something like 6.7890123456789%.

It's all for the children, don't you know?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.