Motorcycle Forums banner

Best scooter

9K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  gunsmoker 
#1 ·
Hi! Am new to this site. I wanted to launch a poll: what is for you the best available scooter in the US?

#5 ·
Insert "Honda PC800" between #'s 2 and 3 above.

#10 ·
That's an easy quesiton. A Cushman Airborne two-seater. 50 mph top end, and you can tow a DC3 if you have to. Look in the motorcycle test section to see one.

#24 ·
For what it's worth, some 20 years ago I rented a 50 cc scooter while on vacation in the Bahamas. I rode it all around Grand Bahama Island on half a tank of petrol. Of course the roads were flat and I was intentionally going slow to enjoy the scenery (and because everybody was driving on the wrong side of the road, LoL!) The little scooter worked for that purpose that day. I probably got up to 35 maximum and I was happy with that.

(I weighed about 250 lbs then).

#25 ·
Fast forward to only 10 Years ago, and I was interested in buying a street legal scooter in the 150 to 250 cc engine size. (Of course I've had a class "M" motorcycle license for decades but I didn't own any bikes at the time). I test drove some inexpensive Chinese made 150 cc scooter.
It was only a few years old and only had a couple thousand miles on it and I think the asking price was about 900 bucks.
I liked it up until I got on a road with a 45 mile an hour speed limit and I found I could not hit 45 in level ground, and going up a slight hill held me down to 25 mph. Too slow for me.
I probably weighed about 220 pounds at that time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.