Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
can u say road tax??

"In the past police motorcyclists have had to pull drivers over to issue them with a fixed penalty notice, but the new bike is fitted with video recording equipment that means that vehicle details can be captured without having to stop the driver"

This is such horsesh1t. The idea of pulling the driver over should be to let them know immediately that they broke the law, not send them a summons in the mail 3 weeks later, at which point they have no recollection of the event in question. This is simply an easier way to fleece ordinary law abiding ctizens out of their money. BTW, doesn't Britain have road camera's on almost every streetcorner expressly for this purpose? If so, then what's the point of this. Maybe someone can weigh in??

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Big Brother is Now Watching You From a comfy chair!

Ah yes, more good new from the land of big ears and bad teeth.

Blimey, why aren't they riding a Triumph? Oh, yeah. I forgot, they're trying to catch speeders.

"Red Route" as in, perhaps, Honda red?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Big Brother is Now Watching You From a comfy chair!

I'm thinking that Red Routes are road areas where they couldn't previously set up cameras because of a lack of road shoulder room, etc. I HATE photoradar........it's so sneaky.........at least against a real cop you can have a fair chance at not getting caught.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: GREAT IDEA!

Check out this link from the same website about a camera that was not set correctly and fined 2500 people for speeding when they in fact did not. Since they didn't know right away, they probably had no recollection of the supposed incident. Only 10 have appealed it so far. How would you feel to have this crap in the USA? Being fined for NOTHING! Having your fate lie in the hands of an electronic thing, fully capable of making mistakes (ever see those 'your speed' radar signs in construction zones? they are total crap!).

Also, if you have ever watched 'Cops' you'll notice that most arrests are made after routine traffic stops. Will your stolen car ever be recovered by a speed camera? No. Will drug traffickers be put in jail? No.

Please rethink your position on this, because anyone who thinks it is a good idea is an idiot.

·
Registered
96 Posts

That's just wonderful. The equipment is found to be faulty and the gov't refuses to return the fines it has wrongly collected w/out the accused putting up a fight.

On a lighter note, I've read that many of these camera's are the subject of vandalism, i.e. set on fire, lenses painted, torn down. I subscribe to Performance Bikes & they once ran a picture of a helmeted rider sitting on top of one of them, pants down, bowels vigourously moving!!! If only....

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

Here in Glendale, we shoot 'em off with old Mausers purchased from Big-5.

·
Registered
144 Posts
the fine might be small now but if it comes down to it they will hike it up for big $.

They just did it in Texas for license plate covers and obstructed plates so that tollway fines could be enforced. Now everyone suffers (if your plate is blocked) instead of people not paying the toll.

·
Registered
216 Posts

"(ever see those 'your speed' radar signs in construction zones? they are total crap!)."

Hmmm, it may be my total lack of maturity, but it's always been a secret fantasy of mine to get a picture of me riding past at about a buck fifty. Unfortunatly, last time I passed one I noticed it only displayed two digit speeds. You're right! Those things are total crap!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Have any other MO readers noticed something disturbing lately, concerning the scoring of our posts?

Usually, you’ll see a random post scored at "2, insightful" or "3, humorous", but for the better part of a week now, all of our posts have been scored at "1", without benefit of any feedback, good or bad.

I mean, how can you give Ebonflame, with such eclectic posts as "plusungood", a one? Or the SausageKing? How can you deny him?

And the "Boss Hoss" guy? My God, you’ve beaten him down so badly, he doesn’t even post anymore. What about him? Don’t his feelings count?

I’m sure this post will warrant a score of "0 dipstick" from your pithy post editors. But so be it. It had to be said.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Anyone can moderate posts. Did you know that?

Having the moderation function open to everyone has outlived its usefulness. Now there are some here who just harass people they don't like by abusing the function. It should be removed and moderation done only by a site administrator.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.