Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 6'3" tall, but only weigh 165lbs. I currently ride an 02 CBR600F4i (my partner has an 00 R6 which is a bit small for me).

I've test ridden the 03 CBR600RR, 04 CBR1000RR, 03 R6 & 04 R1 at the track. The 03 R6 felt very small, but the others all felt great on the track - although that may be a different issue on the road. I suppose it depends upon the type of riding you'll be doing. Of the 4 bikes, the 04 R1 probably felt the roomiest.

On the track, you'll definitely be faster on a 600.

On the road, where you typically won't be revving the tits off the bike, you'll apprepriciate the low and middle range of the litre bikes.

A 750 would be the perfect compromise, but only Suzuki still make one.

Once you start doing track days, you'll become addicted (I do about 1 a month). And you'll really appreciate the handling on a new sportsbike on the track.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Aha! New Criterion.

I guess two-up ability is less of an issue, then.

SOOO...maybe the Tuono is the best call after all, as long as you don't go out during the day because then you'd have to look at the thing. The Tuono looks the result of dragging a big magnet through the parts bin. Supposed to go some, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'4, and about 400 lbs. Are there any Bikes out there that would be good for me? I'm not looking for a crotch rocket or anything for racing, I just want something with better gas mileage than my car, and is a motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Hooo! Crypto-post revival!

6'4" and 400lbs. Wow.

I'd suggest a BossHoss, but it'd probably get worse mileage than your car.

Any bike you can find that fits you (leg and arm reach) will almost certainly require re-suspending. As in, you'll need to put much higher rate springs on the front and rear. Most OEMs set up bikes for riders less than half your weight.

You may discover that you alone are near or maybe even over the Mfr.'s recommended max load of the bike.

The issue isn't only comfort; if the suspension is overloaded, it can cause very unsafe handling characteristics.

So- find a bike that fits, then determine if you can (or can afford to) modify the suspension.

See if you can find out what the NFL linemen are using. I'm guessing custom "Harley's."

Good luck!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.