Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Pete I posted this before I logged in. I agree awesome is not the right word. I guess it is the first police chase I have seen with this surprise ending.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Despite lane-splitting and passing on the shoulder, he still doesn't seem to get much distance on the Volvo police cruiser until the Volvo crashes at the intersection.

If you stopped the tape a few seconds earlier, it could be a ad for Volvo.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's almost as if the rider slows in areas to let the car catch up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
He absolutely lets them stay with him!

In GR4 he has several chasing him at the same time, doing this.

The clip referenced here, started off in a shopping center parking lot where he passed a cop on the wrong side and goes the wrong way around a traffic rotary. Then the chase was on.

As much fun as it was to watch, I shudder at the thought of on of my kids trying this stuff!

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you look at the tach you see that it never goes into the upper ranges. Even on the straights the tach never seems to get to even 10K RPM. It's weird, as if the guy was either not able to go faster (for whatever reason) or he was jusst toying with the cops. It appears to be in Sweden - road signs and volvo wagin car.

THis is definitely not ghostrider becasue ghostrider goes WAAAAAAY faster in his videos.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It's in Holland and yes, I'm quite sure he's playing with the Police. A GSXR wouldn't have much trouble getting away from a Volvo wagon would it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's ghostrider. I had seen several "preview" clips from his website trailers, and on one of them there's one second of a volvo cop swerving to avoid oncoming traffic. I had always wondered how the cop got there, now I know.

Ghostrider definitely lets cops keep pace with him at times. If he's not letting cops chase him, then it's the full on speed stuff. You ought to check out a "hilarious" one where he actually hunts for a cop, wheelies past him, then it seems like he'll pull over for the cop... then blasts off in a continuous 100 mph wheelie down the highway.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'd suggest finding more of the videos this guy has already made 'cause my guess is he won't be making too many more like this one.

BTW - I think this is a good example of why a country can justify attacking useless, defenseless countries in order to keep our restless youth occupied, since so many around the world obviously have nothing useful to do with their time - IMHO.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup. It's Ghostrider. From the 3rd movie I think. That's only a small portion of the chase. He's intentionally playing with the cop, letting him get close, then speeding away for about 15 minutes.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.