Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: ducati vs. honda vs. triumph

Couldn't have said it better myself. My friend who is single, just loves fiddling with stuff, so the odd problem here and there is not a problem. If a VFR won't start, as near as I can tell it's always the regulator. Saves a lot of trouble shooting.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Eh. [shrugs] Won't let me take him past 5 either.

Ah, well.

A #4 Dipstick works just as well.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
In KWalterMitty's small mind, it's better to almost buy them all, instead of almost buying none of them. Someone let the moron know that I OWN 4 motorcycles and have 2 kids in college and am also married. Looks like he picked the wrong wife and the wrong career. I thank God every day that I'm not as smart as he is!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
You girls behave now, I gotta go home now(and won't have 'Net access again 'til tomorrow).

Don't kick the Krap out of KPaul TOO badly. Leave him able to chew mashed-pototoes or strained leeks, or mebbe prune-juice or something.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
But you live in Chicago.. kbasher!

LOL

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
No - no, Dave. I'm the Lyin' Idiot - KCranium is the "Ifbein'wrongisWRONG-Idon'twannabeRight" GMP.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Mayors Choose Seattle as America's Most Liveable City

AirHawk talk about your irony.. I live near Seattle and longride lives in Chicago. Mayors meeting in Chicago chose Seattle.. LOL

"CHICAGO, Illinois, June 13, 2005 (ENS) - Seattle has been declared the most liveable large city in the United States at the U.S. Conference of Mayors meeting now underway in Chicago. Seattle won top honors in the category for cities over 100,000. Trenton, New Jersey was chosen as the most liveable small city."

Read more

"The bluest skies you've ever seen in Seattle

And the hills the greenest green in Seattle

Like a beautiful child growing up free and wild

Full of hopes and full of fears

Full of laughter full of tears

Full of dreams to last the years in Seattle, in Seattle."

Sing along with Bobby

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: Mayors Choose Seattle as America's Most Liveable City

Uh, longride. Please tell me how the P!ssin'-contest turned-into a "Which-city-is-better-Seattle-or-Chicago-or-FumpStuck,Mongolia" debate?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

Nevermind. I ain't got time to wait - I gotta go home now. I'll read of "The Adventures of GMP, The Wonder Boy" tomorrow.

Maybe.

Just before I go home again.

Lataz.............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many thanks for all of the comments. The questions about why the switch to an '07 from an '05 are quite valid. I love the bike... it has 15K miles on it and nothing's wrong... that is, until i took it in the shop to get a new rear tire put on and during the test ride, the bike was hit and it looks like it's gone for good. Since the insurance company is now looking into things, i wanted to hear what other's had to say about similar bikes before i agree to get an '07.

Hope that clarifies things....

Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Oh, I wish that were me. Look, I'm no sue happy person, far from it. I'd throw the old kbb, Nadaguide and everything else out the window and insist that they replace your bike. We don't even want to discuss the value your most special of all gifts your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/sugar daddy gave you.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Really where would you rather live San Diego or Chicago..?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I agree with Fenton... Same thing happened to our Camper/trailer.. We bought it but before we picked it up..it got hit by some older GPTB's Winnebago.. My Wife who is an excellent negotiator, made them cough up a nicer model for the same price... Stay firm.. If Buz is right I would probably go to another dealer on principle..

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
You want HIGH book on yours and you want COST on the new one. You'll do all your parts shopping there and any toys and service is only going to be through them.

If they don't want to make their mistake right, screw 'em. You don't need to be a PITA but get what you "need." Talk to nobody but the owner.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"It won't let me go pass 5.. You guys pay way too much attention to this."

Er, if you're sitting there trying to moderate your posts up multiple times, I'd say you're the one paying way too much attention to this.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.