Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great work Sean! Ya see, movies are where a completely subjective review is the standard. Thank you for saving me several dollars. Now I won't even bother to rent this dog. When it's on TBS I'll watch it for free.

Take care,

Dave

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dang it, dang it, dang it, DANG IT! I oughta throttle the d*ckless wonder who made this movie! A really well done bike movie could have an abosolutely INSANE inpact on the bike market. Think of how many millions of kids went out and bought honda civics after The Fast and The Fallacies came out! Grrrr! I just knew they would completely ruin it like that. Why is so totally impossible for anyone to make a semi-decent movie about anything on wheels? An accurately made film about motorcycles along the same lines as this would be a huge hit, and everybody knows it but the f**cking retards who made the d*nm thing. I'm so mad right now I'm shaking. They had a great opportunity and completely f*cking blew right out their collective donkeys. It's not only their loss, but real bikers as well, because this makes real bikers and real bikes seem like a joke. D*MN IT!

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's Just a Movie!

I don't understand why anyone would get so bent out of shape over a movie about motorcycles. It's just entertainment, that's it. My favorite movie of all time is TOP GUN, which has got to have the most inaccuracies of any movie ever made. At one point they show them flying through mountains when they are supposed to be over the Indian Ocean. If any Military pilot did even just one of the stunts Maverick did he or she would NEVER fly again. But I still love this movie and have watched it so many times I know EVERY line. If real life was exciting as movies, no one would go to the movies!

Thanks to speedchannel I have watched On Any Sunday and was moderately entertained, even given that the thing came out the year I was born, I think. Put out a modern version of that movie today, and Biker Boyz would probably out sell it. KPaul please don't agree with me, I'm probably going to get flamed enough!

I wouldn't worry too much about this movie making our insurance rates go up tht much. Jack a$$es that would actually do the stuff in this movie either are already doing it, couldn't come close to affording the bikes and insurance, or after shelling out all of that dough would never dream of doing anything that might put a scratch on their pride and joy.

Plus, The Fast and the Furious may have caused an increase in sales of civics, obnoxiuous rear wings, and loud exhaust cans, but I bet the sales of twin turbo Supras and Dodge Chargers stayed relatively unchanged.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Uhhh, I believe it's spelled "Hayabusa," young Sean.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
U May get some more cool ideals for your bike!

Ok. 1st let me say I can not wait to see this movie I don't even think I will be going to work on the 31st of January so I can see it early. U guys that have seen the movie say that it is a very bad movie and that they have a Busa topping out at 130mph now I would have to say that is crazy. Hey guys we all know better and look at it this way there are going to be some cool bikes in the movie and we all love to see really cool looking bikes and another thing we all buy the stunt videos for $30 dollars this way we see the new stunt video for $8 dollars and on a big screen!!!!! Oh and this is best of all this movie is going to give us more guys in cars on the inter state who think they can run with us now don't us guys just love to dust those assholes!!!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
HarleyBoyz coming soon to theater near you

[*]

[*]The leader of the HarleyBoyz is the Highwayman, a mans man, with biceps made of steel and abs of jello.

[*]Capt. Longride of the Chicago PD enlists the help of Motorcycle Online staffer Sean Alexander and editor in Chief John Burns to train a young police recruit KPaul.

[*]Their mission is to train KPaul in 6 weeks to infiltrate the HarleyBoyz.

[*]The intense training begins with days on a Harley Sportster hoping from bar to bar. [*] An equal important part of the training is to get KPaul use to riding with leg and arm chaps. [*] After 6 weeks KPaul is ready. [*] He befriends a HarleyBoyz member Buzgld and the adventure begins.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
BikerBoyz may stink as an accurate portrail of sportbikes and all that noise, but as mental popcorn I'd say it was right up there with Fast and Furious, if I want real life I can hit the passes 10 miles down the road from my house, movies like this are for rainy nights where you just sit at home and gargle beer and check out Lisa Bonet's goodies, Taking this kind of crap seriously will give you ulcers, Same as Fast and Furious, any movie thats got Jordanna Brewster, Michelle Rodriguz and nice cars can't be bad, I'll buy this one for the bikes and sweeties, and let someone else get twisted about how real it is.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: It's Just a Movie!

Yea let me shell out 8 G's for the bike, another 3 G's for insurance, a couple hundred on new tires for each day I go. Oh and and at least another grand on leathers and boots. Or, I could shell out 6 bucks and go to a movie and watch em go through bikes, that I'll never be able to afford, like they're tissue. Sorry to be so sarcastic, but apparently some people, particularly motorcycle magazine writers and editors, seem a little detached from the every day people who happen to like riding as a hobby.

·
Registered
730 Posts
U? Don't you mean you, as in, Y-O-U?

Holy cow, it's the Highwayman of the Sportbike Mafia! I knew someone like this had to be lurking on the boards.

--The Fox

·
Registered
730 Posts
In the words of Tyler, you're not your f#*%ing khakis.

I agree that they may be a little detatched. But I've got to argue against what you said about paying six bucks and going to see the movie.

Score a used bike somewhere, or just use the one you have now. Someone a few months back posted that a guy was club racing his old 70's Gold Wing in competition. Someone just the other day posted that they took their wife's EX500 to the track instead of their CBR1100XX, and actually did better on the Kawasaki. You don't need a CRB600 or an R1 to get some juice flowing. Besides, it's extra rewarding to blow off some dude on the latest tackle on your 'Wing. You would feel like God.

Nothing says you have to run a new set of Rennsports every trip. You can just use some BT-10's you got on the cheap, or Joey Squids D208 take-offs from last week. Hey, they still got some tread left.

I just saw a set of Dainese leathers on E-bay go for 250.00 in my size, US 44. At least they will in 7 minutes. They're lightly damaged, but definately servicable.

Insurance doesn't cover what you do at the track, so you're clean. Besides, you'll get all your speeding done at the track so you won't on the road, bing bang boom, no more tickets, your insurance rates go down. I know, it's a bit of a stretch, but hey, give me this one?

One of the things I thought about last year was that I don't want to be at the end of my life and say that I didn't do something I really wanted to. Robert Pelton, a person who has done a whole lot for this world and made me think more than anyone before him, said, "Adventure is not about papering your gray Herman Miller foxhole with cool pictures ripped out of magazines. Adventure is about pushing yourself, discovering your own worlds, writing your own itinerary...Adventure is about living adventurously 24/7, 365 days a year, year after year until you drop dead of with a smile on your face."

You could die tomorrow. Would you die unhappy?

The difference between simply being entertained and actually doing something with yourself is a huge gulf, but upon second glance it's not as scary as it seems. People always want to do the easy thing, and imagine what they would LIKE to be like, when they could be out there becoming what they want rather than just playing make-believe.

I have yet to get to a track, but I will soon. It's something I want to do, something I want to see if I'm good at. I worry about crashing and injury from cars, guardrails, street signs, lakes, rivers, gravel, trees, dirt, tractors, little Johnny who wants to run and get some candy, insects, pigeons, those little reflectors in between the lines f#*%ing with my traction, what's behind that blind curve, tar lines, toll booths, that ahole in the Suburban on the cell phone, high winds, ice...you get the picture. I can't afford to crash my bike, but I ride it anyways. "Only with great risk, comes great reward."

And those leathers? The URL is below, if you don't believe it. They just went off for $255. I should have never bought new...

--The Fox

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=2400262186&category=6750

·
Registered
722 Posts
NickJr does better

I was walking past the boob toob which was tuned into NickJr (I have a 5 year old) and I heard the familiar whine of a 2 stroke dirt bike.

Attention suitably grabbed, I sat down with my kid and watched a segment on motocross. They interviewed real pimply faced kids (some of them girls) trackside and had then catching big air and merrily shooting roosts set to music. It was well done. Made me want to head for the hills and climb aboard my long neglected dirt bike.

If Nick can do it, why can't big budget Hollywood? Ironic isn't it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: In the words of Tyler, you're not your f#*%ing khakis.

I appreciate the insight and I have had my EX500 on the track, that's why I know what I'm talking about the tires (the ones you mentioned won't fit a my 500). Oh everything you've heard about riding on a track is true, I learned more in 30 laps than the whole year previous. I also didn't realize that I came of sounding like my life is so boring, I was just commenting on speedsport's flippant comment. Being in education I just don't have the resources to blow thousands of dollars on my irrational two-wheeled need for speed, particularly when I trying to save up for flying lessons!

·
Registered
730 Posts

Oh, no, I didn't mean to make it sound like you life was boring or anything like that! I'm truly, sincerley sorry if I came off that way...I wasn't trying to flame you or insult you in any way.

Good luck with the flying lessons. It always struck me as interesting that so many people who fly also ride bikes.

--The Fox

·
Registered
87 Posts
Before everyone gets their knickers in a twist over the lack of accuracy in the flick, can anyone suggest a movie made about a topic they were familiar with that was accurate? Anyone? In my not-so-humble opinion, this is somewhat like any group protesting movie casting that doesn't reflect the diversity of races or ethnic groups - I think the idea behind movies is to make money, not to "represent" anything (including accuracy). Any other Viet Nam vets out there? Ever seen an accurate movie about your experience there? You might as well be pissed off by scenes where the hero always finds a parking spot directly in front of wherever he wants to go - even if the scene's in San Francisco, LA, or New York (it was probably filmed in Toronto, anyway).

My suggestion? Take a deep breath, try to relax, and focus on the entertainment value (including the usual alottment of babes).

·
Registered
289 Posts

No worries you didn't come off that way. Now longride and KPaul, they get to some good insulting, which is probably why I don't post that much.

That seems to be true of some pilots, I guess it is the challenge of mastering high performance machinery, that or a boys with toys simplex, take your pick!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This movie is going to have a terrible impact on our "image". Now I do multi-mile wheelies, I race on the track when I can get around to it, and I never miss my weekend warrior rides through the hillcountry at warp factor 9.9... I always frowned on people who told me the way I ride gives bikers a bad name... well whatever I say...

But this movie is putting that DISILLUSIONED image into the mainstream. Now when I get pulled over for doing a little wheelie or something, the cops are going to go from "wow, where did you learn to do that" to "what GANG are you a member of"

People are going to go from "wow thats cool" to "lets get out of here" when they see a pack of sportbikes.

Come on... this is awful, and is nothing like the real thing.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.