Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, yeah, can I relate! I still remember when a guy on a Harley came up next to me when I was on my first bike, a Honda CB360, when I was in college and said in obvious startlement "You're a girl! You shouldn't be riding, you should be on the back!". It's possibly needless to say that I showed him my tailpipe as soon as the light changed.

Unfortunately, the attitude hasn't changed much since 1985 (yep, I'm that old), but these days at least there are a few "that's cool!" comments as well. The only way I found to tell those out there that have an attitude that I'm proud of what I ride (a 1990 FZR400) is... a vanity plate that reads FAST GRL with a license plate frame that declares "No... this is not my boyfriend's bike!" I actually had some idiot ask me that once... sigh! Perhaps some think that's a bit of an extreme response, but it has gotten rid of the worst of the comments.

Regardless, let's hear it for all those out there that refuse to be pigeonholed - whether it's women riders or male ballet dancers!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts