Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 40 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
*Don't get out of the way when someone faster gets on their tail up racer road.

Nobody is obligated to do this. Some, like myself, choose to do it. In my case because I'm worried some squid is going to cut me off causing me to crash. We're just another vehicle on the road. If you want to get by us, find a safe place (at least for the vehicle being passed, I don't care if you run into oncoming traffic) and pass.

If you want to race, get on the track. Oh, nobody is obligated to get out of your way there either.

· Registered
368 Posts
You're a jerk. Why is it that if somebody rides a 250 or even something like a Ninja 500 or GS500 they're a wimp. Everybody has to start somewhere, and has to start on something they feel comfortable on. Not everybody starts on a CBR/GSXR or other top sport bike. And most who do are morons, because they don't have the slightest idea how to handle what they're riding.

I know a guy with a Ninja500 and a 250. He sold the 250 to his sister, then bought it back when she decided she no longer liked it. On a group ride one day I was noticing how small his bike looked. When we stopped, I noticed he was on his 250 not his 500. Couldn't tell the differnce, and he was still going quick enough to keep up with several 600 & liter-class sportbikes.

· Registered
368 Posts
Dropping a bike happens to lots of people. Maybe women have it happen more because of short legs, and reduced strength. I know I've dropped bikes several times in my 3 years of riding. It mostly has to do with my height, and the fact that I don't touch the ground well both feet. Also my first bike was very top heavy, so once it started to tip, it was gone.

· Registered
368 Posts
Not Abe_Foreman, he's a god, he's never dropped his bike.

Glad to see another person admit that this happens. I've had a couple occasions where picking the bike up by myself was nearly impossible. One was turning around in a driveway. When the bike tipped over, it had the wheels up on the driveway, and the bike in the street. Making it very hard to get any leverage on the bike before meeting resistance. I did ask a passer by for help.

1 - 4 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.