Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading her article , I giggled then said to myself that the occasional tip over happens. We are only human afterall. Hell, guys tip over too its just a hazard when on two wheels. The article was great and it gave a good insight as to what we go through being a "minority" ( if you will--*sighs loudly) on the road.

I ride a 900RR and yeah I get ALOT of questionable looks but for the most part they are all positive. I can count the number of times I have gotten a thumbs up from a car next to me at a stop light or a friendly hello from a car load of kids....kids really dig it! I think I get more positive feedback than negative. Especially of my track experience, when I ride I ride at my pace but serious at the same time. And men take notice and seem rather cool that a girl can drag knee's.

Sportbikes are no longer just for the guys and I think it's cool. So do the guys. Any man who is threatened by a woman on a sportbike is either jealous of her bike, or her riding ability.

Another note: Women that learn how to work on their bikes, changing wheels, oil etc etc have an advantage. When you do your homework you are less likely to get taken advantage of where ever you go.

When the helmet goes on the gender goes bye bye...we are all the same when we are riding. Im just one of the guys!

900RR Girl

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading her article , I giggled then said to myself that the occasional tip over happens. We are only human afterall. Hell, guys tip over too its just a hazard when on two wheels. The article was great and it gave a good insight as to what we go through being a "minority" ( if you will--*sighs loudly) on the road.

I ride a 900RR and yeah I get ALOT of questionable looks but for the most part they are all positive. I can count the number of times I have gotten a thumbs up from a car next to me at a stop light or a friendly hello from a car load of kids....kids really dig it! I think I get more positive feedback than negative. Especially of my track experience, when I ride I ride at my pace but serious at the same time. And men take notice and seem rather cool that a girl can drag knee's.

Sportbikes are no longer just for the guys and I think it's cool. So do the guys. Any man who is threatened by a woman on a sportbike is either jealous of her bike, or her riding ability.

Another note: Women that know how to work on their bikes, changing wheels, oil etc etc have an advantage. When you do your homework you are less likely to get taken advantage of where ever you go. Learn all you can, the minute you stop wanting to learn all you can you leave the door wide open.

When the helmet goes on the gender goes bye bye...we are all the same when we are riding. Im just one of the guys!

900RR Girl

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree 100%--- What is with the people who have fully tweaked bikes and end up with square tires? Some people are simply shop happy and went nuts at the retailer?

What's even funnier is the guy/girl on a bone stock bike hauling ass past the person who has a fully tweaked bike!

Sometimes people put WAYYYY too much emphasis on the goodies and forget how to ride, relying on the goodies to make them a better rider. Instead of getting good then buying the goodies to make them a better rider. There's a difference.

Squids can be seen a mile away, my personal saying-" Anyone can ride fast in a straight line, it only counts in the twisities"....

900RR Girl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts