Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
What is the deal with dropping bikes? Can this not be avoided? Why is this the major pitfall for the woman motorcyclist? I have never dropped my R1, or my GSXR600 (I suppose $400 for a new lower provides good incentive to be careful and skillful in handling a stationary motorcycle.) I really don't think it's even that hard to keep it upright. I only know one person that has dropped his bike, ever, and he was trying to impersonate Vanilla Ice at the time. Unless you posess muffed motor skills, it isn't that hard to keep the paint off the ground.

·
Registered
878 Posts
On the contrary---- you can wait, and you will be doing it for a very long time. Do you live in Palm Beach? Gore was the THIRD choice. Right under Buchanan.

·
Registered
878 Posts
No sir, I would attribute the fact that I haven't dropped a bike yet to the fact that I'm not an idiot. It isn't rocket science.

I'm not the only one with a perfect bike-dropping record either, as I said earlier. I guess I just happen to ride with the only perfect people in all of motorcycling!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I am not the most macho male. I like Deanna Carter and Selena. But when I *crashed* (yes, I am human) my 600, I certainly could pick it up. I can understand a girl's inablility to pick up a bike in most cases, but for crying out loud man! You're a man (or so you say!) Do you only ride (and drop) full-dress Harleys?

By the way, in spite of their apparent inability to keep the bike right-side-up (and I refuse to belive that there is no girl that can do that) I also love girls that ride sportbikes (although I have seen precious few.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts