Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: BikerBoyz Interviews

What a bloody waste! Why on earth would anyone wish to keep promoting the self-promoting film entertainment machine? Hidden under the guise that America will put forth hard-earned money for "anything" comes this movie which has nothing to do about motorcycling, but everything to do about a film company bent upon believing that the general populace is ignorant. What an insult to American society in general. I am a recent MO subscriber, but type of rubbish makes me seriously question my subscription.

·
Registered
36 Posts
But do they know?

I get the sense that Fishburne knows this movie kinda blows -- he avoids saying "It's a great movie" or anything close to that. When he was on the Daily Show the other night, they spent about twenty seconds talking about Biker Boyz, and then it was on to the Matrix sequels (which he seemed really excited about).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Indeed it is only a movie, but the media, in general, is too persuasive these days...the junk food of American minds.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Um, did you read the news article you're responding to? MO feels the same way you do about this movie. Here is a piece of what they said:

"...the Biker Boyz movie fulfilled all of our worst fears about Speilberg's schlock factory turning out a ham-fisted, technically inaccurate, mis-represent ation of urban motorcycle racing as those who know it, know it."

Also, read their original review here: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcfeatures/03_Biker_Boyz/index.motml

I realize you're new, and criticism is welcomed, but at least read the news you're responding to, otherwise you just look silly.

That said, I sincerely welcome you to MO!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sure Fishburne had the "You're paying me in cash, right?" look going throughout this flick.

BTW, at what point officially will the "Z" replace the "s" for pluralization. Will it then get a keyboard placement promotion (no more hanging out with X and V?)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: But do they know?

Actually, on an interview on The TV Guide Channel he said:

"I've never predicted weather a movie is going to be successful or not, but this movie is 'the sh!t'. Excuse me, I mean, it's the bomb."

No, I think he had it right the first time, it is sh!t. He then goes on to say that this anaccurate portayal of street racing. I know he actually rides, so that makes his comments even worse.

He had this to say of the stunts shown in the movie: 'don't try this at home'. He should have just said 'stay home'.

Well, on the bright side, I think we've just discovered a new 'interogation technigue' we can use on terrorists!

·
Registered
6 Posts
the "You're paying me in cash, right?" look

Hah! A Sportsguy Fan!!! (i thought Kid Rock had that look through the whole movie)

Oh, yeah. The movie sucked big time. We played MST3000 and made fun of it the whole time. Made it much more bearable.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow. It's amazing that the staff of MO can make fun of this movie, while changing the 'buttons' on this forum to the extremely stupid "talk some smack" and "smack back". In all sincerity I hope that change is just a temporary joke. It's not just on this article, it's on all of them.

In other news: I saw the Kawasaki Z1000 at the dealer this weekend. I was totally blown away by the look of the bike. Believe me when I say that I am not a Kawi fan. This thing looks like a Japanese version of the Aprilia Tuono. I am very seriously considering buying this bike in a few weeks, even though it's still winter. For me it's a choice between that and a 2002 FZ1: any suggestions?

A question about the bike: I couldn't help but notice that only one fork leg has provisions on top for adjustment. Does anyone have any info about this? It looked like there was no sort of mechanical link between them, so I was thinking that it was Kawi's way of saving money on the bike. I suppose that since the forks are tied together, adjusting one will alter suspension action just as well as adjusting both if it is designed correctly. That is a big if though.

Beautiful bike though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't count out the suzuki SV1000 and SV1000s which will be hitting chowroom floors around March. I've I heard this is supposed to be an excellent bike, and has all the advantages of a high performance v-twin.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, I was very interested in the SV1000 until MO posted a news article saying that the naked version was delayed until July. Sorry, but I can't wait that much longer to get a bike.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Paid six bucks, saw cool bikes doing cool stunts, hot women, was entertained for a couple of hours. No social commentary, other than went riding with a friend after it was over, no desire to do a stoppie or wheely, and only one drag race on a deserted road, but that was going to happen movie or not.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Yes, I understand how they felt about the movie the FIRST time they ran the thread...and now here it is again. That's my point. Is it a slow news month for MO that regurgitation is necessary? I just received my current issues of other "printed" motorcycling magazines with substantially more current motorcycling information. If this is one big chat-room then I've signed onto the wrong format.

I do thank you for the welcome and thought I would enjoy MO, but I believe I have more of an information need than MO can provide me with.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.