1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
thanks my work here is done... ;)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I'm glad HE wrote it, rather than myself - THAT would have read something like "Splutter-futz! Four-Asterisk'n Four-Asterisks!! Choke, rackin'fratz'n Four-Asterisk'n Four-Asterisks!!!"

And so on, and so on.........

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent well thought out responses. I would only point out to the author of the Time article, that if the motorcyclist had lived he would of been facing criminal charges. In addition, I am sure some civil penalties in the form of a punitive and compensatory damages. Not to all if you drive like this idiot , I would hope you don't, make sure you get decent liability policy. The required state mins are usually 10,000 the norm is 100k but that won't pay for much if you get sued. If you don't have enough coverage to cover the judgment they can put a lien on your house and get 10% of your salary until gets paid off. How do I know this.. I caused an accident by turning in front of a guy. Even though I pulled him out of a burning car and even though he wasn't wearing seat belts my insurance company ended up settling with him for 80K (lost teeth and broken ankle). It was my fault but if he would of wore seat belts he would of walked away like I did. Lesson learned if you cause an accident be prepared to pay the penalty and or do the time. I was totally ignorant of the consequences before the accident. Not something they teach you in drivers ed.

Also in WA state you drive over 20 mph over the speed limit its reckless driving and they can haul you off to jail and impound your bike until you get out.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Note to longride "would of" should be "would have" bad habit of mine.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
My favorite comments:

"Even though I pulled him out of a burning car....."

Bahahahahahahahaha! Another clown with a hero complex. Thank God for the internet. You can't buy this kind of entertainment folks.

"I was totally ignorant......"

What does he mean 'was'??

By the way good use of facts/data.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
"an emerging motorcycle culture that embraces every possible danger factor: extreme speed, reckless behavior, alcohol impairment and many older riders past their prime"

Quintessentially GPTB

- cruiz-euro

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I wouldn't cause myself a hero since I caused the accident. I just reacted on instinct. I knew you wouldn't believe me. Do I care? no.. Does it matter no. I wanted to point that even though I got pats on the back by the police and fireman for doing it. i.e I saved the guys life. At the time, I was only feeling the emotions of guilt and remorse. The big point I was trying to make is that we should be be aware of the damage we can cause and respect the power of our machines.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Good catch, we should include that with the definition of GPTB from now on.. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
As much as I was similarly annoyed by the obvious bias of the article, I actually found the author's conclusion to be pretty reasonable:

"My suggestion: Instead of fines of a few hundred dollars, how about a $5,000 fine or vehicle forfeiture for exceeding the speed limit by more than 50 mph with any vehicle? It could take such penalties to get the message across that people like Elisa Gigliotti should still be alive."

His proposal is not specific to motorcycles; any vehicle going more than 50mph over the limit is confiscated or you get fined 5 grand. Frankly I'm fine with that; it's really only going to affect the true nutjobs, who should indeed be relieved of their vehicles (and licenses).

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
It will be.. hold your horses.. ... FYI Motorcycle USA won't let me use kpaul, kspike or even ksquid. You think they read MO? It doesn't matter that I am a loyal customer of their Superstore. Sean probably filled them in. LOL

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You can talk to me directly you know. I hope I will be racing you directly i.e you won't have surrogate like Sean or Buz.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
You'll love this one; I was on my way home from work and noticed a fence along a retirement mobile park was on fire. I pulled over, jumped the fence and grabbed a hose and fought the flames on the side of the house and the fence until the fire crew arrived. Later that night I watched a guy on the news tell everyone how he pulled off my superior act of bravery and was credited for "saving" the home and possibly the tenants.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i am surprised he wasnt holding a beer in one hand and pulling a 12 o clock wheelie at the same time ..

according to eyewitnesses at the scene ....

* he flat came outta nowhere maybe doin 200mph through a zebra crossing ..knocking down all the zebras ...pausing only to laugh manically and aim his crotch rocket for the rear of the car ...in a scene reminscent of the motorcycle documentary TORQUE or BIKER BOYZ*.....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.