Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really funny, but dang learn how to move a bike. Maybe the fringe on his arm chaps got wrapped around the throttle or something....

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Just because you work at a Moto Dealer, doesn't mean you know how to ride.

That said, I still hope he comes out of this alive.

The question that nags at me; Did the Dealer have a "handling policy" of any kind? Many Dealers will not allow an unlicensed employee to even straddle a bike.

And, EVERY Dealership where I know the people running it personally has Helmet Policy when moving bikes - just for incidents like this.

Even experienced riders can make a fatal mistake: I know of a shop in Atlanta that the OWNER was killed in a parking-lot drop a year or two ago. Wasn't wearing a helmet, he was closing-up and "just moving it around back".

It happens.

·
Registered
540 Posts
This seems hard to believe, we need some Delaware MOrons to give us the low down! The guy must have beens screwing around with the bike, how would he have moved, based on the photo I found, in the opposite direction of the dealership. Could be the coalition of wheel fringe and lever fringe, but I still vote for screwing around. Well rest up, and next time straight in the shop!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You know, the media is so consistenly inaccurate that I believe that what really happened was that some guy in Seattle was taking a test ride on a Buell........

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you are talking about the owner of Wagoner Cycle Works, it was even worse than that. He fell off a ladder and broke his neck while setting up for a jet ski function, wasn't even near a motorcycle. Still sucked though...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It was really cold last night, with a line of snow moving into the Delmarva. He might have slipped on some ice, opened the trottle and took off. Speaking of cold, gotta love those Chicago bikers for raising funds over the weekend for needy kids in sub 20 temps. That is really going the extra mile.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good point, that should be a requirement before you take you're cruiser in for service. They could set aside a "muffler removal area" in a far corner of the parking lot..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Up here in Ontario a parts boy was left alone to lock up at a local Ducati dealership. His buddies showed up and convinced him to take

a 999 for a spin and pop some wheelies for them. End of story. Parts boy in hospital with brain damage. 999 a write off. All caught on camera from the body rub parlor next door. Not what I would call a happy ending.

Next day the local labour investigator shows to discuss the accident and sees a mechanic pull a bike around to the front of the shop without a helmet. Investigator closes the shop

for unsafe work practices and the law suit from the boys parents puts the shop out of business.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.