Motorcycle Forums banner

BMW’s Year in Review

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  sarnali2 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Original Article:
http://www.motorcycle.com//news/bmws-year-in-review-71474.html

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article BMW's Year in Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

#2 ·
So since yer all here please help me out. On another forum there is a question running about the 800 and whether or not it operates on the "Big Bang" theory, both cylinders firing together or alternating. Examples of both have been offered. Everything that everyone comes up with on the web is the press release about the bike which is vague at best. I'm sure that someone here knows, please cite reference.

#9 ·
We're waiting with bated-breath.

#10 ·
The whole "Legendery Motorcycles of Jeemany" trip was built upon and died with the airheads. Even though they had their idiosyncracies for the most part they held up very well. The K bikes have also proven to be virtually bullet proof with minimal maintenance however it seems the oilheads have had teething problems from the word go. I think the rise in popularity in the mid 80's of BMW as status cars has turned the corporate focus away from bikes and sporty cars like the 2002 and 320 towards more luxury oriented products loaded with electronic overkill.

Both BMW and Mercedes have been engaged in a game of techno one-upmanship, releasing cars with inadequate testing that has resulted in their reliability ratings sinking into Yugo territory while once laughable Korean cars like Hyundai are vaulting to the top based on a well though out design, meticulas assembly and a killer warranty to tie it all together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.