Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer told me that hp and torque will be the same as current models. Reduced emissions and better throttle response are the official answers given for the change to twin sparks. Dealers are NOT to mention that twin spark engines should finally be free of surging. (That would be admitting that surging is a problem. "Officially" surging doesn't exist.)

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
We certainly know BMW could not be hiding any problem with any of their motorcycles. Only the dastardly Harley-Davidson Corp. is capable of shenanigans of this magnitude.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Remember also that any problems that Hondas have aren't really problems, since they will be promptly recalled when they can no longer be ignored. We should all write letters to Honda thanking them for being forced to recall their defective products.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
That's absolutely right. There never were any sidestand problems with BMWs either. For some strange reason a huge number of the people who ride BMWs are incapable of deploying a sidestand properly... even if they didn't have this problem with a Japanese bike.

·
Registered
446 Posts
NO! That would be admitting there were demons. Germans know that the existence of demons would be rediculous. Martin Luther explained it to them.

It could, however, be the belgians...they were always jealous.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My favorite is still the Hayabusa subframe that is "designed to fold completely away for compact storage under the bed."

·
Registered
292 Posts
BMW Sidestands

I understand that after the Berlin Wall came down they found a huge warehouse in East Germany full of BMW sidestands that actually worked! Rumor has it that the Motoren Werke got to it first, melted them down to destroy the evidence, and used them to fabricate the turn signal switchgear for the new oilheads.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
My personal favorite is the Honda VF700 Magna transmission that is designed to avoid operator induced wheelies by stripping its own gears. In fact there's one of these engines sitting on my workbench right now waiting for me to come up with $435 for gears.

Thanks HMC!!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Don't forget the Goldwing, and VF series regulator/rectifier that ensured you inspected the charging system annualy, or of course the anti-malarial fogger installed on some new Bandits, wily folks these Japanese. Only Buell would be stupid enough to build a motorcycle with problems, and then compound the error by recalling the bikes and fixing them,,,,,,,,Sheeesh

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Geez guys, quit complaining about these bikes that have one or two design flaws. In 1967 I bought a brand new BSA Victor 441, and had to replace virtually every part on the bike at regular intervals. Half the adventure of going for a ride on it was wondering if I could make back home again. At those occasional times that modern machinery let's me down, it sometimes helps to remember exactly how far we've advanced in motorcycle reliability. VWW

1 - 20 of 30 Posts