Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Dastardly yet fixed

Speaking of the dastards. My leakage problem was finally diagnosed as a bad o-ring around the speedometer sensor. When they would clean up the oil and do a two mile test ride it wouldn't build up enough pressure to leak. Then I would take it out for a thrashing and oil would leak out the top and down the back.

Anyway, I went for a 350 mile ride on Saturday. We did one clockwise lap of the Salton Sea-middle of nowhere California. The desert is beautiful this time of year (82 degrees that day) and I didn't spill a drop. No parts fell off either!

The damn CD player kept mistracking though. That will be my next thing to ***** about.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: Dastardly yet fixed

I love it. It really brings a different perspective to riding than a sportbike. We've had a lot of rain so I was noticing how green everything was in the mountains, the beautiful desert landscape, the godawful smell of the Salton Sea.

Also, it really has a lot more oomph in stock trim than I expected. I had no problem passing cars when I had to (that may be a different story with a passenger and gear).

On the way back home through the backside of the mountains up to Julian,CA, I pushed it a bit to see how she would do in the twisties. It turns really well for such a heavy machine but the floorboards are really what limit cornering. After three or four scrapes and eased up a bit so I wouldn't disintegrate them on my first real ride.

No buyer's remorse here. I love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts