Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why go just to watch BMW play in their Blue & White sand box while the real guys ride in the big race. Evenly matched donkey carts could provide a close race but is it racing? How can BMW have such a good auto racing effort and ignore the motorcycling side? Kick a little Ducati butt and I'll go to Daytona in a minute and stay in your hotel. Till then, enjoy the battle of the head scrapers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Damn! "Evenly matched donkey carts could provide a close race but is it racing?" I guess you don't like the Boxer Cup then, eh?

I laughed my a s s off watching it last year. I thought it was great. I guess that says something about me but still... I did think it was fun to watch. Of course I still think bagger racing at Daytona would fill the stands with partiers and the paddock with some of the most colorful "racers" since the old days of racing.

Slammin' saddle bags... Knee draggin' on an E-Glide... I can't help but smile at the thought.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
>Knee draggin' on an E-Glide...

Only if the passenger falls off and clings to the bike by the fender.

I like the idea, though. Each bike would have to have a fat ***** on pillion flashing her t!ts, and mandatory American flag and/or POW/MIA banner.

Can you imagine the R&D dollars that would go into making buffalo heads aerodynamic?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Yeah. We may as well cancel all road racing venues except for MotoGP too. And canel all off road races except Paris-Dakar.

And cancel all displacement classes except Open Class.

Better cancel novice and amateur racing too. Everybody simply starts out in MotoGP on factory bikes. Every other racing class and their riders are losers. Everyone who watches them too.

No need to have anything else.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't ride a beamer, but I have to wonder; why do you guys have to slam on a company for making something different? Why do we need another company making the same bikes we already have?

Personally, I like the idea that there are different types of bikes and companies out there. Good onya Beamer Boys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I DO ride/own a beemer!

And I'm not slamming them, their motorclothes are innovative and generally very well made.

Just, well, there is this choice of color thingee.

My suggestion to BMW motorrad would be to fire the monkey (sorry Deiter!) and maybe hire some fashion consultants. Queer Eye for the Beemer Guy?

·
Registered
409 Posts
and if the $249 for a room that goes for ~$50 when not one of the speed weeks is too much, there is a BMW campground north of town that has support of both of the national BMW clubs...and tehy REALLY appreciate your support and don't care how many folks you want to sleep with...

BigJames, recovering from broken knee cap and won't be in Daytona, damnit...

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Dear Fox News:

Fox is giving Bush a pass on this AWOL and desertion thing. Every time a guest brings it up Fox reporters quickly move off the subject. If you look at gaps in time and facts about his lack of service with the Alabama Air National Guard something is wrong. Some of the Internet sites have researched this thing and it is clear Bush is guilty at best of AWOL at worst desertion i.e. Michael Moore was technically right. If the average Joe did what Bush did he would be in prison. What Bush did cannot be favorably compared to Clinton. Clinton was openly against the war and Bush was for the war but wanted the poor and less privileged to fight it. I voted for Bush the first time but I won't because of the budget deficit, WMD, and his military record. Fool me once ....Fool me twice..

http://www.awolbush.com/

http://www.ericblumrich.com/topgun.html

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When BMW dropped the K75 from its line up, I sold mine. Best motor they ever made and they gave up on it. I then gave up on them. So, no, I don't own one now but would in a heart beat if they put their car technology in their bikes. I am probably more of a BMW fan than most MOFOs. They can and should do better. And their design staff needs a sound beating for their efforts of late.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boxer cup is ok to watch but this is BMW ferchrisakes. BMW can do the old man racing, sure, but mix it up with the big boys too. I rather liked the battle of the twins series but most of those boys also ran with the big dogs. To host a gathering of BMW enthusiasts and then put on a comedy show seems to me to be beneath such a great company.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree that on paper (I never road one) the K-75 looked to be a winner. However there was an interview with the BM head man a while back in one of the mags and he poured cold water on any idea of another 3 cylinder or sportbike in the furture. Also said they would not contest Dakar again which has taken a lot of interest out of the bike class in that event. Too bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts