Motorcycle Forums banner

BMW Boxer Cup Replaced By New Power Cup

20K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  Holy_Kaw 
#1 ·
Love to see those valve covers banging togther. Should be a whole buncha fun.

#28 ·
Re: let me just reply to myself.

I suggested that MO offer a free subscription to whomever first correctly identifies Kbuckets new handle. But the tightwads won't answer.

You know that the Kook will never go away. Like an old moldy block of velveeta.

#37 ·
Re: Boxers vs briefs

BMW missed out with that new K1200R. Instead of a transverse inline four, it should have been a radial.

Imagine a boxer with two or three more cylinders disposed radially. Or nine.

#43 ·
Re: A pox on the boxer?

I wonder if a good stunt rider could spin a BMW around on one cylinder, like a top?

Might be the next big sales tool for the beemer folks. Get in cozy the the Gen-X crowd.

#44 ·
It seems a class of bikes left out of the "fist bike" category are bikes like the ZZR600 or FZR600. They really should be classified as "value 600's" or something of the sort. If you like the fully faired street bike look, want to be able to tour, ride twisties, and cruz around town all at a good price these bikes are hard to beat. The more I read about them the more impressed I am with them. In the real world these might be some of the best do-it-all street bikes out there.

#50 ·
That's a fair comment but the Boxer Cup was run in addition the 250cc twostrokes AND the SUPERBIKES in the 200 (2003). That made for a good day of racing, on Sunday. I'm usually there for multiple days but for the sport to grow I believe it must appear interesting and exciting any time someone happens to go to "the Races". It's obvious that most of the people that "do" bike week are almost unaware of the Races and/or don't attend. This year THURSDAY??? looks to be the best lineup by far IMHO.

Unless I'm mistaken they used to, at one time, run The Supercross and Road Racing events on the same day. I can think of no safety concerns not to, I could be wrong. I would like to see SUPERBIKES in the 200, Superstock, Supersport, Formula Extreme and Supercross run on the same day, Sunday. I think that lineup would set attendance records. I think it is wrong that they don't allow infield camping (unlike at other Speedway events) and I don't like cars parking along the infield fence, (which restricts prime viewing areas from many for the benefit of few) other than for Handicaped People while I'm at it!

#51 ·
I agree that these are great all-around, real world bikes but I still have a problem with bikes capable of these levels of performance being considered "first bikes" or "starter bikes". Would a Mustang GT be a good "first car"? No 16 year olds are allowed to vote on this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.