Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Original Article:
http://www.motorcycle.com//news/bmw...rld-championship-season-to-a-close-66983.html

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article BMW brings first Enduro World Championship season to a close in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
We'll have to see how the production version turns out. I am sceptical of a few innovations on this bike.

Plus, it will probably be priced in the srtatosphere.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I like that scorebox...

When MO previewed the bike a few months back, it looked, err...different to say the least.

But remember guys like John Penton & Walt Axtheim rode 250cc BMW street based bikes to major wins at the Jack Pine & Catalina enduros back in the late 50's & early 60's.

Also, check out early BMW history in the ISDT, amazing stuff on opposed twins. You'd think they'd get stuck between sapplings with those cylinders.

Attachments

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
BMW spends a shytpot full of money and wins top places. So?

Still won't make me buy their overpriced bikes.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I was down at the BMW shop on the way home yesterday, a good friend of mine is a salesman there so I stopped in for a chit-chat over some coffee and pretzels. They've got some massively cool bikes out now, I'd love to have a K1200GT but not for $20+k. Even the dope as sh*t K1200 R is around $16k in stylish White Aluminum Silver paint, If I ever get my $3.8 mil. my dead uncle in Nigeria left me I'll buy a couple just to look at them over a snifter of koor-vasi-yay....the dulcet tones of my daughters Rammstein cd's in the background.....a big fat spliff burning my fingers......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.