Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Geesh, I have a F650CS, it is far from porcine, it is simple and light and super easy to ride and has been my favorite motorcycle I have owned. It is also low maintenance. The F650 series has been around awhile now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
BMW already has an F650CS and GS, they are thin, light, have ABS option and the CS is belt drive so no chain oiling. The gas is below the seat so it feels more scooter size than motorcycle so for me it is a hoot in LA traffic, in fact it is my primary LA transport.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well after I found out the F650CS was discontinued I was hoping for something even lighter and smaller, a BMW standard/motard. Looks like they decided to go more sporty as they have with their other bikes. Looks like they kept the single sided swing arm, which is good, hope they kept the belt drive from the CS vs a chain. I also hope they kept the gas under the seat, but it looks like they ditched the storage tank and put on a traditional gas tank :( Handle bars look like clip-ons vs the more comfy standard style bars the CS has now. In general I am disappointed as BMW no longer has a beginner friendly standard any more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know, I cruise all day long at 80MPH on mine, it does triple digits if you need to, blows the doors off of anything but exotic cars, and gets 60MPG on the freeway. As with all big singles it has a butt load of torque.

So if that feels underpowered you must be riding WAY beyond my limits and the limits of the law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.