Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
BMW is hot for teacher

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article BMW is hot for teacher in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Interesting only because you'd think a stunter would use a chain drive bike for the quick gear ratio changes. Isn't the F800 a belt drive bike? Perhaps you can change the pulleys just as easily? Personally I think stunting is a bit dull and bad for the motorcycling in general, but am curious whether quick pulley changes are possible.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Interesting only because you'd think a stunter would use a chain drive bike for the quick gear ratio changes. Isn't the F800 a belt drive bike? Perhaps you can change the pulleys just as easily? Personally I think stunting is a bit dull and bad for the motorcycling in general, but am curious whether quick pulley changes are possible.
Nope, the f800 is chain driven.

And

Yep, stunting is pretty lame. Not a fan.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
street versions of the 800 are belt, the GS version is chain.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Since we're talking big uglies, I saw a GS going North yesterday with a sidecar!

Man, I bet that rig just devours tires!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Are you sure? The street version photos I'm seeing online are chain.
From BMW Motorrad

If you've been looking for a BMW sport bike in the middleweight category, the all-new
F 800 S is your ride. This feisty new parallel twin engine cranks out 85 hp and is built for speed and nimble performance. With a low maintenance belt drive and a high performance cylinder head...

There is a chain on the stunt bike though.

But the street versions use the same setup that the F650CS used to. Single sided swing arm with belt and brake on the right side. Ive sat on them the last two years at the IMS and Looked at them in the shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.