Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice!

Amidst all of this Teutonic opulence where you able to figure out if this is finally the ride to which you may attach a surf board? Hell, it might give the thing enough down force to corner like a F1.

One of your Yosemite photos has, in the background, a barely visible flake (on the wall just to the left of Yosemite Falls) on which I nearly froze my a$$ a few years back. I learned from this epic that it is entirely possible to sleep very soundly hanging from slings in places where sleep would normally seem very unlikely - if you are cold and tired enough. I remember thinking how nice it would be to be cruising the valley loop, tourist style, at the the time. I'm sure you all had the same effect on some one up there about to run out of water.

cheers

sbp

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Great read. Nice pics BuzBoy. Love Tahoe. Good thing I am going on vacation soon. Do you think longshorts (longride), buzlightyear (Buzglyd), and serasuzy (seruzawa) can keep themselves occupied while I am away???? Kook a doodle do :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Boys,

I grew up on the east side of the Sierra and I live in Sacramento now. If you're at Tahoe and you need to get to LA, DO NOT TAKE I-5! Take 395 down the east side to 14. Both routes are around 500 miles (check on Mapquest). Yeah, it's 5-10 degrees hotter, but it's like driving through an Ansel Adams photograph for several hundred of those miles. You get to look at the Sierra most of the way down and you don't get assaulted by the Stockyard From Hell(tm).

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I took 395 on the way up to the lake but we took 5 back home because of the heat.

I agree the inland route is much prettier but that cool coastal breeze was welcome after some pretty brutal heat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Arm and hand fatigue could be easily managed by either resting my abdomen on the tank, which sloped comfortably to meet it, or more conveniently by taking advantage of the cruise control . . ."

Bellying up to the Beemer. That plus the law-enforcement run-in probably made you guys the new favorite at BMW junkets.

Looks like a nice bike, though.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
It didn't feel like it through the central valley but once we got up and over the grapevine and cut over to the 405 it had to be at least 30 degrees cooler.

Plus I live in Carlsbad so coming home on 5 past San Onofre and sucking in that dense,cool ocean air energized me for the remainder of the trip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Zzzzzz...whoa there Ebass, you need to practice the art of the Edit..... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.