Motorcycle Forums banner

BMW K-bike successor revealed!

20K views 48 replies 38 participants last post by  Kenneth_Springhetti 
#1 ·
Sounds like it might be able to keep up with my 1989 airhead!

#2 ·
I want to see it, after rideing in-line4's , I tried being a Beemer pilot,[1150RS ], after rideing a year, although I got used to the different weight and balance, it just wasn't what I wanted, went to a 2000 X11 Honda,[lovin' life]. I'd be interested in this bike, when you [MO]get the info on the bike, break down the tech on the bike,[as well as the test ride], and I'm sure you could persuade BMW to make a sport version , with ABS and an anti-dive front end that is under 500lbs wet,[don't forget the half-fairing], with at least 85lbs torque

#3 ·
Could work for me. First BMW was a first-year K100RS, fairly competitive in the day against the Japanese competition, and an excellent all-round machine (for the day).

Don't like the boxers, had an R11, not enough power, too much vibration and surging.

I'd just have to get over my issues with weak reliability and poor, expensive service.

#9 ·
"When I learn to read Spanish I MIGHT be able to log on. I thought that I filled in all the fields correctly"

We,, there's your problem - it's not Spanish, it's Italian. Go back and try again.

#22 ·
Right. It serves to keep the "hogs" away. This feature is only effective on approaches from aft of the beam (that's from directly to the right and the left, and back fo all of you nautically-challenged).

For approaches forward of the beam, it has the trick front "porks".

#25 ·
I'm very much underwhelmed. Styling that looks not much different from every other big-bore hyperbike out there. A transmission that goes through a 90-deg turn at some point so they can run a shaft (shaft made sense in the K and R bikes... not so much with an across the frame engine). And while its great to see new ideas for front suspension and control, is that "Hossack" design really that much different a concept to the venerable girder forks of yore (and current chopper fame) and worth all the ink that will be spilled in its favor? I just hope they give it a cool name. "Blunderbuss" comes to mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.