Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first post. !

every bike has a harmonic buzz at some speed. if it's the right price, and you think it's the bike for you .... buy it.

I'd try to ride a BMW of similar style/model at the dealer first, if you're unsure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm on my second K12rs.

Yes they do vibrate some what, more so at selected spots on the tac.

Also, during times of engine braking you will feel some buzzing.

After a while you don't even notice it.

The bike is built like a truck but it's still quick and fairly flickable. A fun ride on back roads, and not too bad for long rides on the 4 lane.

Bottom line: I'm not sorry I bought either of my K12's. They're fun to ride and well built.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I love my K bike for touring! However, I wouldn't recommend it for a lot of city riding. It handles great at speed and has all the comforts of home. It is a bit of a pig when it comes to slow speed maneuvers though. If you buy one make sure you really like it because you won't get much for it on the secondary market. There are a lot of dealers these days that won't even trade for one unless they can steal it from you. In my case, I plan to run the wheels off mine. Sure would like one of those new K bikes though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am stationed in Germany and have a K12RS and an 1150GS. For all around riding the GS is the bike for Europe. Now for high speed bahn burning the K12 is truley in it's element. It will however kick your ass throwing it around switch backs in the Alps. The new K12S and K12R are significantly improved. If you can get a smoking deal on an RS pull the trigger.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
But does the bottle still have the liquid in it? You probably finished it off and you are going to send it to me with a note telling me how you saw God drinking the stuff. OK, you don't really fleece them out of their cash. We all know they give it to you willingly.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I brought two bottles back. I opened my bottle to see if I could discern the difference between fine Mexican sippin' Tequila and crap. I can't. I just don't like tequila.

However, the young lady that came over Saturday night thought it was quite tasty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.