Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everybody else did it, I suppose BMW couldn't be far behind (grafting hard bags onto a cruiser); but jeez, it looks kinda hideous, no? Maybe it'll just take some time to get used to...

PS first post.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ugly bike. 'Nuff said.

I don't think I have ever said this about any bike, but man, this think is fookin' hideous. I mean, Caspian Blue? What's the other color, Battleship Gray? Even the paint looks like crap.

--Foxy

·
Registered
73 Posts
That thing looks like the designer sort of had in mind a Valkyrie Interstate - then dropped too many hits of some bad blotter acid...

"this is your BMW"

"this is your BMW on drugs..."

"any questions?"

I'm sure the bike performs well and it's fit and finish are top notch - but that thing is F-U-G-L-Y!

·
Registered
173 Posts
With a face that only a Tarantula mom could love...

What's up with Barney Fife holding on to the ape hangers on the bottom left picture? (Do they make a 3/4 scale version for Burnsie?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it will be a good bike when they sort some problems out on it, cchanged fairing, get rid of those middle lights, and give it some power, why can't we have a touring cruiser that actually handles well? I am sick of us making excuses for poor handling of touring cruisers! Moytorcycles should not have vauge front ends..escpecially when hauling around so much weight!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Well, looks like another "interesting" design from BMW, I'm not quite sure about the fairing, I guess whoever designed it must have expanded the retro cruiser look to include cheesey 50's sci-fi flicks, maybe it looks better with 3D glasses and a gallon or two of Becks....... To be fair it's probably as good as any other retro-look cruiser/bagger for plonking around on......uhm...whatever.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Psychedellic Drug Ring Uncovered In Spandau Factory

Berlin-(Reuters) German investegators broke up one of the largest-ever psychedellic drug rings in modern German history today in a well-known motorcycle company's design department. 27 arrests were made, including American David "Rob" Robb and over 12 tons of drugs, manufacturing equipment and paraphenallia were seized as well.

"Ja, zis is a very large arrest. It iss ze biggest zince ve uncovered the massive supply of ergot-schpiked sauercraut in Munchen in 1968", said Werner Von Werner-Holscheig, inspektor-kommandant of the BDRGHTRDSKSVKKSK, or Drug Investigation Agency. "It iss a big bust, ja?"

Suspicions were first aroused in 1994, with the introduction of a motorcycle termed the "R1100GS", which was styled as a light-weight off-road motorcycle even though it weighed the same as a Skylab packed full of Shriners. It was followed a year later by the "R1100R", a "standard"-styled bike that had bizzare plastic castings attached to it that appeared to have been stolen from the Hasbro development labs.

Interpool inspector Sir Charles Spitburger, an expert in corporate drug use, was called in by German authorities. When asked what aroused his suspicions, he replied: "It was apparent that psychedellics were somehow involved, as it seemed unlikely that an enourmous corporation with research and development resources the size of Imelda Marco's shoe budget would spend so much effort on frivolities like dome-shaped passenger seats, or somehow come up with a frameless motorcycle that somehow 100 pounds more than a similar motorcycle with a frame. These things are simply not the product of a rational mind."

Mr. Robb looked particularly dissheveled as he was being led away by stout, truncheon-wielding BDRGHTRDSKSVKKSK agents. Dressed in baggy shorts, a pink "Carefree" teeshirt and flip-flops, Mr. Robb chanted mantras in Tibetan. "Namyoko Rhengeko, man, that's all I've got to say. As the ABS cycles, so our customers will reach total oneness with the universe and, like, um, hey, have you ever listened to how a flat-twin engine sounds? No, I mean, really listened?"

Mr. Robb's attorneys have made several motions for the court to provide fruit juice to their client, but have been repeatedly denied by the court, at least untill his pupils dilate, as required by EU law.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why all the gasps of disbelief about the way it looks? It's a tourer built for the US market, so therefore it looks like an Electra Glide built by a Bauhaus architect. How else could it look?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So BMW has gone from blah to blicky? Who's that marketed to? I know the legally blind can drive cars (or at least it seems like it), but motorcycles? That's gotta be a niche market...

Next thing yer gonna tell me is they want +$15k for that thing. Oh wait - I just checked the article again...sigh...

·
Registered
145 Posts
y'know, I saw the picture in the most current CW, and my first thought was "Wolf Spider".. one of them fuzzy jumping arachnids, with 8 eyes on the tops of their heads, that will lean up and look at you when you get too close...

creeped me out at first, until I remembered it was a bike...

In the words of Stan Marsh (or was it Kyle Broflovski?) "Dude, what the F is wrong with german people?"

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only bikes of that type that ever looked good were ones with original Vetter fairings. They rest look like they want to tip over forward. Look at the Ultra Classic or worse yet, the Road Glide. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Psychedellic Drug Ring Uncovered In Spandau Factory

Funny, dude. Ugly bike. But then I think that the orginal R1200 (or RK1200, or LT1200, or RLS1200SK, or whatever the hell it's called) is ugly, too. Ugly begat ugly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
BMW engineers its bikes for serious (mature) riders who measure their lives in miles. While styling is subjective, the feel and performance of a BMW under the worst riding conditions would impress the most cynical diehard. The only shortcoming of the new CL is the lack of low-end grunt which is a major attribute of the American cruiser. If you could order the CL with a new 124" S&S motor you would really have something.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.