Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's what makes SoCal so great!!!

SHEE-ite!! Freaky SoCal, LA crazy shtuff again. That's why I left. Be careful Sean. Something about bad luck coming in threes. Maybe BMW succeeded in creating a truly evil motorcycle! Muwahahahahahaha!

Who is Jason Roberts? Is he a new MO Staff member? You MOfos are corn-fusing w/dat revolving staff door.

Singles and Evil Twins Forever!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Heh heh, I think maybe I majically transferred my bad luck to Sean when I shook his hand after he rescued me and my downed SVS off the 405 Monday afternoon. Except of course, the fact that Sean's little incident happened long before mine... what? Time travel you say? Whatever. And by the way, if'n ya'll want something more to laugh at me about, the MO van's thermostat stuck and blew a radiator hose on me goin down the 101 Tuesday morning. The FIRST day I ever drove it. Laugh it up guys...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I traded my 1100R for a Rockster in April. Its amazing how different a riding impression can be to different people. The gearbox which MO says is pretty poor is as far as Im concerned very good ... about as good as my R6. On the other hand MO mentioned that the suspension was taut. In my opinion the bike is a mattress. I have already adjusted the rebound front and rear 3 times and its still a pogo stick.

·
Registered
142 Posts
"I entered a left turn lane and as I slowed for the red arrow, the front tire locked and slid for a foot or two. I increased rear brake pressure and threshold braked the front, just getting stopped about 6 inches past the crosswalk"

No ABS on this Rockster?

What is BMWs excuse for the rash of flat tires?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Somebody's gotta do it.....

So how does it compare to the:

A) SV650

B) Concours

C) VFR (an older one)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Only rode in the rain six times in 100k miles? My God, I'm speechless... I thought it rained 8 mos. out of the year everywhere! You mean you can ride more than a week or two at a time without getting soaked? Actually it's been in the 80's for almost a month here, Sounds like a hell of a ride Sean, you won't forget that one for a while. I think the Rockster is pretty cool, I know the twin spark 1150 engine doesn't surge which was my major beef with the RT. Leg room was still an issue though and the color scheme could use some work ( those wacky krauts ). The BMW flat kit is the best, I carry one with me on the Triumph and every other bike I've owned. When installed properly you can wear tires out with those plugs in as I have done 3 or 4 times.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, at least it doesn't look like a bunch of unrelated parts cobbled together from the parts bin like the 1200C.

So, how you like the Trumpet? How does it compare to the SV650, Concours and VFR (older one)?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
On a more serious note:

Does BMW think that re-packaging their clunky old engine is going to entice the younger demographic to buy it? I mean, I do like Bummers, but they are what they are and their design won't appeal to the techie 600RRRRR types at all, no matter what the paint scheme.

It'll be less successful at capturing younger riders than the V-Rod is. Even with the good pricing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't seem to get it, after not really making any positive comments about the BMW Rockster Jason says that he would still put his money down for one. Why, explain? Don't get me wrong I like a lot of what I have seen about the BMW Rockster and I would potentially get one if I didn't already own a Ducati Monster. This story did not give me enough real information about how the BMW Rockster rides. Keep to writing about bikes, all this other entertainment/story stuff is cute but lacking in substance. The story about the Ducati Multistrada was good, it had some real info about how the Ducati rides/performs.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Lemme' see now, Triumph compared to 1). Concours; mid 90's tech compared to mid 80's tech, Triumph wins because I think it looks better. 2). SV650; Don't know, 6'2- 280lb middle aged guy on tiny bike is not a fashion statement I want to make,,,Triumph wins because I think I look better on it 3). '93~'97 VFR; Haven't had to change reg./rec. on Triumph yet,, haven't got stuck on the side of the road yet,, haven't had to load it in the back of my truck yet,, ummm VFR cornered better,,,Triumph wins because it's not red, That 1200 CLE or whatever they call the new one looks OK in person, but for that money I'd buy an Electra glide standard.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Welcome to my world (Seattle)

"and I've had to ride in the rain maybe six times" Maybe my 14,000 miles of riding in Seattle with rain, wind, mud, slicky white lines, herds of cell-phone yacking SUV drivers is worth 140,000 miles of riding in wimpy California. In Seattle either you ride in the rain or not. If not then you are usually a Harley rider and only ride on sunny weekends.

Tips for riding in the rain Real men ride in the rain

·
Registered
458 Posts
One UUUGLy mofo

Its not just an uuuugly mofo, but an ugly parts bin special! Lets take the lamps from the GS, the front from the S, and stick it on an R and call it a new bike.

And $10k-12k isn't a bargan, $6k buys an SV650. $8k an SV1000 or a Monster 800S-ie. Its only a bargan considering how much the propeller-logo gouges for.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.