Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rest in Peace. One last thing boomer . . .if you catch some time in the spirit world up there, maybe you can try to influence the editors at MO not to start acting like Motorcyclist Editors and not to utilize their all-important media vehicle to impose their personal lives on us readers . . .. seeing that you now know of course, that we only come to this site to read motorcycle-interest material.

C'mon guys ? You will drop in the ratings if this carry-on persists . .. look at Motorcyclist. What about a section on maintenance issues

Regards

EJ

·
Registered
367 Posts
EJ,

I LIKE the personal stuff interjected into the magazine... It makes the writers and editors of the magazine feel more like real people, and less like names in print, delivering their opinions from on high. Oh, BTW - I like Motorcyclist magazine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Referring to EJ's anal comment above, nobody FORCED him to click on Boomer's obituary. He "imposed" upon himself. I, for one, never object to seeing a little on MO's website--or even a big like boomer! RIP

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm with the CBR dude above. I LIKE personal stuff (I also don't HAVE to click on it either so I've the choice), I like hearing about scooters I'll never buy and I even (gasp!) like reading about the odd chromed underpowered cruiser dog.

Thanks MO, keep letting ME decide what I'll read.

BTW - my condolences for Boomer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fair point on the personal needs of the editors. But again, this is filler material in news main page that doesn't relate to motorcycling. Set aside a personal section at the site with only this kind of material and do a survey on the hit rate there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look again carefully. This material is on the news main page and it doesn't relate to motorcycling - I did not click on it to see picture and read it - neither did you. So, wrong .. .I did not impose this upon myself.

The editors deciding this should maybe set aside a personal section at the site with only this kind of personal material and do a survey on the hit rate there - I am sure that you will visit?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I dunno EJ... 14 comments so far for Boomer the cat, and none for the two motorcycle articles above it... Which were posted 1 and 2 hours after the boomer article, so have had PLENTY of time to have been read and commented on.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Also EJ, you COULD Have just scrolled right on by it if you didn't want to read it... but you took the time to click on it and reply to it.

Am I sensing a new MO survey? I'm getting this weird clairvoyance thing going....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dude, who CARES? Is this what you do? You cruise sites and criticize their personal content? Here's an idea: FIND SOMETHING TO DO. If the editors want to post their favorite recipes, that's fine. I'm not offended. My life will continue. Yours will, too. Boomer should kick your ass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a cat that looks just like Boomer although, a little darker and weighs 24lbs. Cats are cool maintenence free pets. Maybe ej could get himself a slobbery Saint Benard that needs to be walked, has fleas, can't be handled, leaks on the floor, and name him Harley. :)

(no offence ej, coulden't resist the cheap joke)

BTW, My cats name is theo but I affectionately call him "Fat Bastard"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.