·
Registered
1,538 Posts
This is getting expensive!

Wow... how on earth am I going to afford:

1- Aprillia Blue Marlin

1- Ducati 998-S

1- Suzuki Boost King

I'll just die if I don't have all three. Somebody please save me, wire funds to.....

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
A 230LB G.P. bike with 190 H.P. = 1.21 Lbs/H.P.

A 500LB Streetfighter with 350 H.P. = 1.43 Lbs/H.P.

A 600LB Streetfighter with 350 H.P. = 1.72 Lbs/H.P.

It looks like those power/thrust to weight ratios are already being exceeded, in modern G.P. racing.

We also KNOW that in addition to a greater power to weight ratio, a modern G.P. bike has:

a.) lower parasitic losses in the drivetrain, so it's actually going to put a greater percentage of it's engine's power to the tire.

b.) Has far less inertia to overcome.

c.) Has a peaky two-stroke, instead of tractable four-stroke power delivery.

I'm not saying that it's EASY or PRACTICLE to have a bike producing 2:1 thrust to weight. Just that it CAN be controlled and ridden, in an effective manner.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sounds fun...but the re-inforced (heavier) chassis and bigger wheels/tires that would be required, not to mention the increased rotational inertias, etc... would destroy the handling anyway.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That is of course, why they put throttles on motorcycles. The ability not to be limited by engine output, is something that I would like to expierience. It would be incredible to be able to use your right wrist to maintain the tire at the edge of its adhesion, regardless of location on the track, bike attitude, etc.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sort of like when I race in the rain, but with MUCH better mid-corner and braking grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts