Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would buy one of those, for sure...

A simple and lightweight bike might be better and more intelligent than powerfull and complex bike.

I would give up buying this bike if it was as expansive as the japanese fours, or if it was too small for me (I'm 6 feet and 6 inches tall).

·
Registered
16 Posts
fantastic. i'd buy one if it were available and street-legal here. though i doubt it ever will be.

sure wish honda would do something similar with the

xr600 engine. they probably have most of the parts sitting around already.

17" wheels. a 320mm disc upfront. tighten up the suspension. i bet they could do that for under $6000. don't you think?

probably not as cool-looking as the borile, but just as fun.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks like fun! I'd love to blast around town on that, terrorizing the fuddy-duddy Seattle populace with fun hooligan antics. It would be a nice addition to my SV.

And congrats to an imaginative designer willing to turn out a fresh take on what he considers to be the epitome of biking. I like it, especially because he had the guts to build up his own engine instead of just using an off the shelf engine.

But one big question: Why is Italy blessed with so many incredible bike companies producing every type of bike imaginable and the USA is stuck with Harley? Something must be done!

·
Registered
15 Posts
just for all you guys information here... the engine is a baught one, the guy who's riding this bike is not from Mo, he is an israeli journalist who just lives in itali, and the engine won't be like the xr600, the engine is not a normal engine, it has a different kind of fuel that it is using. this engine is usually used for play bikes, and is not old, it's not water cooled, abut it is very modern, the insides that is, kinda looks like a desmo from the inside.... as for the guy who made that bike, he just loves classic bkes like this, and he is going to make 50 of those for the next week. now you've got your information about this bike...

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's way cool for anyone to build there own bike! And this one looks fun. But to compare Borile's endeavours with those of John Britten's is almost sacreligious! Britten developed a suspension that neither Japan, italy or germany had even thought of. And why didn't anybody else figure out that by simply mounting the radiator under the seat you would benefit greatly from maximized pressure drop. (I've seen some copy cat versions of this recently but Brittens was the first) How many 100s of millions of $$$ do you think the big companies spend to come up with the latest technology. I've read that BMW invested $100M just to develop the cam-in-head RS series engine alone. Few know that John Britten was a functional illiterate and genious at the same time. I would venture to say that Honda (for instance) would probably have to spend several hundred million $$$ to do what John Britten did.

His death was a tremendous loss to the motorcycle world and perhaps noone else will ever have the vision he did.

Rock on!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I remember, as a kid growing up in the '70's, thinking that the two coolest human beings on the planet were Evel Knievel and Bruce Lee. To me, the Borille is as cool as Bruce Lee riding Evel Knievel's bike. I'd love one. (Nevertheless, those loopy side tubes are extremely strange.)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.