Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and......? The rest of the story

Who else was there? Just Bostrom & Corse I think so it was certainly good news that he was fastest!

BTW - he did a 1m42.14 on the first day & a 1m42.48 on this the last day. But what do these times mean in relation to other lap times & lap records?

Lap Record - Carl Fogarty - Ducati - 1.43.224

Lap Record (Race) - Carl Fogarty- Ducati - 1.43.224

Qualifying - Colin Edwards - Honda - 1.42.820

Superpole - Troy Corser - Aprilia - 1.42.471

This is in depth reporting at it's finest!

Sorry! - but this stuff gets to me almost as much as posting race results in the headlines

·
Registered
24 Posts
From what I've been hearing so far The new Duc is going to kick ass next season, But I've also heard that Edwards just set a personal best around Suzuka on the new VTR. It looks like the SBK boys are going to give us a hell of a show next year. I've been looking so forwards to the new MotoGP season that I somehow started to forget all about Superbikes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
the twins do not make more power in a straight bhp to cc comparison...it is just the way that power is translated to the back wheel..the problem with fours is always having the power available to spin up the back tyre ..the twins put the power down to the asphalt in a very controllable chugging manner...hence their dominance of wsb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.