Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks, but no thanks. The entertainment industry is notoriously hard on everything they come in contact with so who knows the abuse these bikes have undergone. If anyone was going to abuse my ride, I rather it be me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the "remedial biker 101" text that accompanies each bike. "It's stretched and slammed, which means we welded(!) a longer swingarm to the bike". "This bike is known as a 'gixer'"... I guess this is so the flavor-of-the-minute guy who buys one can fit in with the hardcore bike gangs he'll soon be trying to join.

"Sup yo? I gots the gixxer from the biker boyz movie. I'm 'groovy' right? Let's head to that 'solid' biker hangout and hit on some *****ez! 'Kay? I mean... Werd?"

-=Goggles=-

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Let me get this straight. "Stuntman's" bike has duct tape on it because he is "notorious for laying it down." And they still want $10K for it?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I just saw yesterday where Lawrence Fishburn was quoted as saying that he had purchased a replica of the bike he used in the movie. My first thought was to question why he didn't get the actual bike he used. As I think about it, he DOES know the abuse these bikes have undergone!

Bob

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Remember how much Steve McQueen's bikes went for when they auctioned his estate? Ever seen how much the Harley Clark Gable rode on screen is worth?

However, Lawrence Fishburn is no Clark Gable much less Steve McQueen.

Who the f### is Brendan Fehr?

Who the f### cares?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, from what I heard ( haven't seen the movie yet) is that the hayabubba topped out at 130 till the NOS was hit, which took it to 180, doesn't sound like they red lined the 1300 much.....

As far as Kid Rocks " slammed and stretched bytch with aftermarket headlights", well she seems to be more abused and rode harder than any of these bykes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Eeeewwwww....

$20k for work for a bike which probably cost them, ohh, $20k...

At least we know they never actually rode them at full rate or thrashed them particularly much.

I particularly love the cost of Duck Tape (quack quack) these days.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have re-thought my pozition on thiz pathetic movie. I hope it makez a ton of money, then the movie guyz will think that moviez centered around the motorcycle world make money, then we can hope for a decent film.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Dem ride be da shiznit yo,werd up. Let me see now, $10,000 for a new R-1,, another $10,000 to get ruff ryders to paint 'em up and I have a way cool sportbike thats not beat to jesus by some movie flake,,,,, or I could buy one of these 'cause it was "in the movie." Hmmm?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Over hyped, super abused junk, I have seen some of these hollywood bombs in the flesh in a recycling yard in Phoenix (we won't mention any names) and they were not good, like some body else said, a lobotomy would be better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.