Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't really like the sound of a six. I think even a Porshe sounds like a boat. There is something completely magical about the sound of a highly tuned V-8 though. Can you imagine a Valkerie-type power cruiser with a 2000cc, 200hp V-8? I'm not even a cruiser guy at all (2003 Aprilia Falco), but I'd buy one of those just to put loud pipes on it and listen to myself cruise around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
find yourself a morbidelli v8 - modern, powerful - but just a few problems:

- they're rare as hens teeth (and were pricey even when new)

- look like a styro egg package...

but if you're really committed, you could drop your $100k (probable), rip out the motor, and have custom running gear (and a pipe) built for it.

who needs to put a damned chevy motor in a bike just to get a v8.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
A corncob motor out of a Convair B-36 mounted in a '67 Triumph Trident chassis. With 28 Paul Dunstall pipes.

Painted BRG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look up the Morbedelli V8. Developed in the early '90's, it never made it into production. Only three were made. It was a twin cam, 850cc motor and it looked like a scaled down Cosworth V8 F1 engine. It fit so nicely in the frame. Mounted long ways, it had shaft drive with a paralever rear suspension. Estimated retail price had it gone into production - $45,000.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
V-twin Ducatis and Guzzis sound great. V-8 car engines sound wonderful. V-12 car engines sound sublime. V-12 aircraft engines touch your very soul. There's just something about a V...

...and yet Harleys sound like lumpy sh!t. What's up with that?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"One afternoon I was cruising one of my favorite twisty two-lane backroads at about 60 mph when suddenly I was buzzed by an F15 Eagle about 50 feet off the deck -- or at least that's what it sounded like."

I had two A-10s come over at treetop level when I was on a twisty in New Hampshire. PHWAORRR! I crapped 'em.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Same thing happened to me on a Montana road when I was going flat out my Honda Interceptor at the time. A was tucked in when I hear this roar building. I though it was my engine ready to blow or some potential catastrophe, and then... VVRRRROOOOOOOM... a 12 cylinder Lamborghini Countach with Alberta plates flew past me like I was standing still. What a rush. Boy did I feel inadequate suddenly with my little V4.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
For the DUH crowd- V-MAX is re-born. See it sometime next year. If rumors are right expect a 160-180hp 1800 v-4.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.