Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the lightweight Brosh Jackets and it is, in a word, flimsy. The arm straps tend to let the elbow protectors shift. They are airy but I wouldn't want to wreck in one. The yellow jacket you tested looks to be sturdier than mine. I can't speak to its abilities but I'd stay away from the gray one. It's better than a T-shirt but that's about it. Get some double-sided tape and stick some shoulder and elbow protectors to your bod. At least those would stay in place.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where I live, the temps get up over 100 during most of June, all of July through August, and often even September. Every summer, we even have a couple of days of 105-110 degree temps too. The humidity is the worst which limits evaporative cooling which makes it hard to keep cool whatever you wear as far as protective gear. But, I would still rather sweat my ass off than worry about having to get skin grafts. So for that reason, I wouldn't wear anything without body armor made of leather. I think if I were going to spend the money on these jackets with the armor, I would just go ahead and belly up to buy a leather jacket with far more protection. To me, the extra investment is worth it and the little extra sweat that might be created can be alleviated by simply riding faster. ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Make mine pink...

I distinctly overheard eBass saying he was going to order the pink chiffon with gray flowery accent Brosh jacket and matching tights.

Y O S S E F - Triumph Rocket III MO ride review...you're killin' me here. More MO, more MO....MORE MO!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Summer Jackets

I was recently pleasantly surprised during a visit to my local Triumph dealer. They sell a Triumph-branded jacket called the Raptor Vented for about $130. It combines mesh with heavy cordura nylon on impact spots and hard-backed CE-approved armor in the shoulders and elbows (foam only for the back pad, but at least it's included).

I had been looking at the Joe Rocket jackets but bought this one when I saw it since it appears to have a lot better protection built in for about the same price.

So far, I've been very impressed. The jacket appears to be very well made, the armor fits securely and comfortably, and the ventilation makes me feel as if I'm riding with only a t-shirt on.

Definitely worth a look... and the Triumph branding is so subdued that it wouldn't look out of place on any bike.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Make mine pink...

Brosh needs to offer a short sleeved model so that those with lavender arm chaps can still style to their heart's content.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Ya. God forbid you should have a Triumph logo on your jacket. Twenty five years ago while I was hording Triumph parts I would never have believed I'd ever see another product with the Triumph name on it.

I have the Joe Rocket version and it's OK - but haven't had the opportunity to crash in it yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Leather vs. Cordura

I got up close and personal with some grooved pavement at ~30-40 MPH last week. At those speeds, at least, the Aerostich did the job without much more than smudge marks on it and light bruising on my hip.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I ride a Triumph, so I certainly don't mind having the logo on the jacket... I simply intended to let others know that the jacket wouldn't look out of place on, say, an R1 (you know how fashionable some riders can be...).

I am still surprised by the reasonable pricing for Triumph-branded gear. Compared to BMW stuff (the same dealer has BMW next door) the gear is almost free.

·
Registered
291 Posts

You nailed it on the Triumph gear. They make great looking, functional, stylish protective gear without plastering labels and logo's all over it. My buddy bought the Raptor jacket too (along with a Speed Triple) and IMO it's the best tex-mesh jacket out there at a more than competitive price. Tour Master and Fieldsheer also come to mind when talking quality and affordable.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Pretty happy with my Rocket mesh jacket, as was MCN's review a few months ago. Have noted quite a few alternatives out there. Sounds like an opportunity for MO to me.

Well? Lets have a "stones to the wall" vented jacket review of everything MO can get is greasy little hands on!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
He also congratulates himself. Maybe soon he'll start moderating his own posts. Reminds me of someone else.......

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
"Roger and me" was pretty good. I havn't watched anything else he made 'cause he's such a schmuck. Between him and Al Frank-*** I don't know who's worse.

Until the ultra-left America haters figure out they have to do more than point fingers to get anywhere they'll be relegated to the political sidelines where they belong.

Kpaul isn't in the same league as these guys

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.