Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: General observations from Saturday

I thought supermoto was supposed to be the big event this year?

Infineon (Infinion Raceway - stupid name - they should have kept it Sears Point) has really improved things - except it lost its homey feel. Now, it's a more modern setup for the fans. The track is still about the same though - only minor improvements from what I can see. Cold pits are great with lots visibility of the crew and racers when they are present. The grandstand isn't very good for viewing a race. But, they usually broadcast the race on an AM channel so you should be parking your butt at a favorite corner and listening to the race on the radio. If you really want to see the race you have to stay home and watch it on TV.

Laguna Seca sucks by comparison. Tracks better, but they don't cater for the crowd well and most of the best places to watch the race are on the dirt.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: I do like road raceing but..

If you are willing to stand, sit in the dirt or pay extra for the bleacher seats.

The track is great!

I like Turn 4, because you can sit down, have some lunch and watch the race on the screen.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Isn't Chad Reed in it too? After last weeks race anything can happen!

Go Nicky!

Dani Pedrosa has to find a way to handle that jello tire at the end of the race.

Nicky is smart. Rossi is still scary fast. Edwards is consistently disappointing. Hopper a mystery. KRJr - come on back home and attend some sportbike nights around here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.