Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
General observations from Saturday

I wish the Superbike crowd could get its act together from a marketing perspective. This is a fabulous sport with embarassingly small crowds. $ pizzas would have fed everyone yesterday.

It's a great bargain for sure. A $30 general admission ticket got me in and my son was free. AMA is blowing it with the scheduling though. The Supermoto races run almost the entire time which provides non-stop action, however, those races should stop prior to the main event! We're trying to watch the racers grid and listen to the track announcer through the din of 30 thumpers on the Supermoto track.

The racket went on through the national anthem and the start of the Superbike race. You couldn't even hear the main event when it went to the backside of the track. Extremely annoying and not befitting the main event.

Spectators are allowed into the Terrace Suites above pit lane which makes for an awesome view. Those seats would be a small fortune at a NASCAR race!

The Saturday race was pretty dull except for the battle between the two Ducatis and Duhamel on the Honda.

I might need to allude to the demise of every other motorcycle but Suzuki in racing.

AMA you've got a great product but some significant mistakes were made regarding the Supermoto scheduling which really took away from the quality of the main event.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: Quit your day job in 2009

You might want to check the unemployment rates and GDPs of those countries.

Anyway, don't turn a racing thread into a health insurance thread.

I think the AMA should try to piggyback onto NASCAR events perhaps. Imagine having the Superbike race the same day as the Busch race at the California Speedway.

It's a damn shame that Michael freaking Jordon is involved in Superbike racing and still no one has heard of it!

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: I do like road raceing but..

It depends on the track really. The Speedway is a difficult venue because it's flat all the way around. Laguna Seca is a great place to watch because it's on the side of a hill and you can get many different view points if you're willing to hustle around a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.