Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need to do a test on the new Buell 1125R YESTERDAY!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
If you read the Erik Buell interview you'll get a sense of the on-goings of the 1125R. From what I've read, so far, it's a good bike with very few flaws. Not a 1098 killer, but a great step forward in American Sportbike production. It will find an audience and sell in the numbers that Buell and HD need to make it a successful model. In 2yrs I would expect the refined machine to push nearly 1098 numbers and the 1125r motor should find it's way into other models. Now, if HD were listening they could do a nice dumbed down version for an all-new XR Sporty. Better frame, obviously.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you read the Erik Buell interview you'll get a sense of the on-goings of the 1125R. From what I've read, so far, it's a good bike with very few flaws. Not a 1098 killer, but a great step forward in American Sportbike production. It will find an audience and sell in the numbers that Buell and HD need to make it a successful model. In 2yrs I would expect the refined machine to push nearly 1098 numbers and the 1125r motor should find it's way into other models. Now, if HD were listening they could do a nice dumbed down version for an all-new XR Sporty. Better frame, obviously.
You may be right,but I dont think a ROTAX engined Sporty is in the cards...at least for the US. The Buell and HD crowds are very different..the Buell guys will accept the ROTAX,but the "traditional"HD guy wont buy it and I dont think it wi ould attract a crossover base. The rumor mill has HD developing a water cooled pushrod engine for the Sporty. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I can tell you this, I ride a BMW K1100RS and was looking to buy a K1200S as its replacement. That is now on hold. The 1125R could be the American made bike I've been waiting for!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Well I can tell you this, I ride a BMW K1100RS and was looking to buy a K1200S as its replacement. That is now on hold. The 1125R could be the American made bike I've been waiting for!
I don't think those two bikes are even comparable in style or function. I'ts almost like saying I put my GoldWing purchase on hold because of the new 1125R.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'd say they're not too far apart. The GT is a different story. The Buell will be much quicker handling of course!
They seem pretty different to me. One is a fully faired sport tourer and the other is a mostly naked backroad machine. One is a 500 lbs. and 90 inches long and the other is 375 lbs. and 78 inches long. To me they are two completely different mototrcycles designed for different purposes. I suppose if you were a masochist, you could tour on a Buell, but I think that is exactly why the BMW was produced. Shaft drive, heavy and long. The Buell is more of a race replica.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
They seem pretty different to me. One is a fully faired sport tourer and the other is a mostly naked backroad machine. One is a 500 lbs. and 90 inches long and the other is 375 lbs. and 78 inches long. To me they are two completely different mototrcycles designed for different purposes. I suppose if you were a masochist, you could tour on a Buell, but I think that is exactly why the BMW was produced. Shaft drive, heavy and long. The Buell is more of a race replica.
Or get the Concours 14 and "split the difference!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They may seem like two totally different motorcycles to you but for my type of riding either will do. Both are the flagship High Performance rides of their respective companies.

I ride everywhere, all the time, including commuting. Only on vacations do we take the Avalanche, otherwise I'm on two wheels. And both the K1200S and the 1125R will work just fine for how I ride. I do hope the 1125R comes with ABS as an option as I feel ABS is essential for commuting.

The only real problem is I want RED!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.