Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Can I get any money for smoking that guy on a 30 year old RD350 up the crest last weekend?

If so may I add the "Over 45 green aircrew jacket wearing drywall hanging all day 9 beer limit" class.

Burp...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thats great, now if they will just get a new....

Thats great, now if they will just get a new engine. I love my new Buell XB12S, but if there was one last thing I would love more it's a new Buell engine and tranny.

This money is well spent as racing always improves the breed, but without a new engine I can see that things will fall further and further behind.

·
Registered
512 Posts
This is the engine they need on the street bikes...

Buell XBRR features:

* 1339cc (81.7 cid) Thunderstorm Powertrain:

o 4.080 inch (103.6 mm) bore and 3.125 inch (79.4mm) stroke

o 12.5:1 compression ratio

o Dual 62 mm down-draft fuel-injection throttle bodies

o WAVE-analyzed header and mass-centralized muffler

o 150+ peak engine horsepower at 8000 rpm (per SAE J607)

o 100 ft. lbs. peak engine torque at 6500 rpm (per SAE J607)

http://www.buell.com/en_us/news_events/newsdetail.asp?news_id=783

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: Thats great, now if they will just get a new....

From an outsiders point of view they seem to be very resistant to this idea. Like you, I have trouble understanding why?

Perhaps it's nothing more than money considerations?

Right here on MO they did a "shootout" where all the riders commented on how well such an under powered bike did against more powerful hardware. There were even descriptions of an R1 not being able to keep up in the real twisty stuff!

The bike is doing this with what? 103 HP? Now, imagine this platform with a street version of say, a 130 HP engine!

No it still wouldn't out run a Busa on long straight roads, but get in to the type of "kiss your own back side" twisty roads like where I live, and you'll do very well no matter who's bike your up against.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.