Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
"We started with our Buell Firebolt XB12R model, which has wonderful handling, and did the modifications allowed by the AMA rules," said Buell.

- which included a huge forge.

With the liberal rules on engine modifications they shoulda put a Honda engine in it and made both Honda and Buell happy!

We still have a week and a half to make fun of this.

My bet's on Jeremy McWilliams. Penzkofer might be interesting - similar to a BMW cup race for him?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Oh, Oh, Oh!! Flash back to Daytona 2000? Smith, Picotte? Sitting on his VR1000 while the pit crew desprately tries to shove the rear axle back in after a wheel change. Time ticking away...top 5 finish disappears, top 10... race over...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I could own (and nearly did) an M2. Do those Sportsters have sticky trannys when trying to find neutral? The ones I rode (both of them) did.

Or do you do as my friend does riding his Triumph 750 Bonne. Neutral? I just hold the clutch it at the light.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Speed TV should have it. The Daytona 200 has gotton as high up the ladder as ESPN2 a couple of years. Check your Sunday Paper TV magazine listings next week. Otherwise, check Cycle News - it's in there. Be careful, some cable outfits rebroadcast races later. They really jerk the WSB and MotoGP around but usually the Daytona is broadcast live. Thank God it's between all the major sports seasons!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.