Motorcycle Forums banner

Buell At Daytona

13K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  johnnyb 
#1 ·
FTP - GO BUELL

#27 ·
Suzuki should enter 750s masked as 600s Mladin wins easily. 636 ZX-7R Kawasaki ....

I think under protest Suzuki should race 750s as 600s. Even if disqualified they would win and prove a point.......Kawasaki should enter 636 then the T. Hayden and Eric Bostrom win....Heck bring the ZX-7R out of retirement....

#29 ·
Wouldn't it be a real hoot if the AMA re-introduced the claiming rules which were in effect (for a while) in the days of class "C" racing? I can hear the wails of protest from both Buell and Honda.. And the cries of delight from privateers with fairly deep pockets.

At least Buell is not furnishing truly special parts to only the Factory Team, but is making at least a limited number of such goodies available to a larger group - though maximum of 50 machines still seems kind of a small number.

#37 ·
Re: One Man's Opinion: Hardly Legal, Son

A big difference with Indy '94 was that the entrant, Roger Penske, tried to point out the pushrod engine rule loophole to the sanctioning body, USAC. If you don't plug this hole, I'm gonna hafta build a damn motor to take advantage of it, Roger warned. They didn't; he did.

Now that this previously undiscovered FX loophole has been exposed, I wonder if others will take advantage of it. Elsewhere, someone opined that Ducati might be able to wrap their air-cooled motor in a 999 chassis and sell it as a production racer. Punched out to 1340cc, it would leave the Buells--and everyone else--in the dust.

#40 ·
Are you referring to Ducati?

Pushrods aren't mentioned in the AMA FX rules, so a Ducati SS1000 would be treated the same as a Buell XB12R.
AMA Formula Xtreme motorcycles are based on production fourstroke street motorcycles. The motorcycles in this class must have the following engine displacements:

450cc - 600cc 4-stroke multi cylinders

595cc - 750cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled twin cylinders

850cc - 1350cc 4-stroke air-cooled twin cylinders...

Twin-cylinder air-cooled motorcycles:

Engine modifications are unlimited

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.