Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: O yes Buell's first big win...

I guess that Formula Extreme is a good spot for these tractor motored bikes. I guess it is fair for a 1200 cc tractors to run against 600 cc motorcycles.

Hey, Eric, different is not necessarily better. Put a real v-twin in that frame and you might actually have something. How much fuel do those things use?

I will not be rooting for them at Laguna. I go to Laguna every year and you can count the number of HD one one hand. Roadracing is all about performance, acceleration, cornering and braking, not posing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Re: if wished were horses, beggars would ride

I won dinner for two on a similar bet over Daytona. But I think they willl finish a sprint race. Maybe in the top ten for McWilliams. Of course, I am probably wrong. Its at least an even bet none will go the (short) distance.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

I can't speak for the racebike, but the production XBs get excellent fuel mileage.

Considering that the XBRR doesn't hold a ton of fuel, I'd guess that it's not a huge consumer.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

Let's get it out of the way.

-V-twins suck

-Buells has a tractor's motor

-Buell is cheating

-They shake too much

-Anything under 150hp is a crap streetbike

-I won't buy one until Buell puts in a (insert japanese engine here)

-This is their first year racing, if they do not succeed and win every race they should hang it up as I will not buy a bike that can not win races because I have an inferiority complex and a small *****.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

anyway, i think i couch it for Laguna this year, speedtv listing Czecho world superbikes, US MotoGP, ama superbike, supersport, superstock and FX on the 23rd. Anybody want to take my wife someplace that day? I will throw in a hundred bucks...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Did you call Buzglyd ?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
What you think it can do a quarter mile in I need it for my kPPI calculations.

Do you have a guess? I am figuring 10-10.5 secondss

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I am going to guess 10.8 seconds

I'll give it a break.. figure it about as fast as a 600.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Ok I assumed 10.43 seconds in the Quarter mile and calculated a kPPI of 88.51 for more kPPIs click user info.

·
Registered
640 Posts

I love my tractor powered Buell Ulysses. Nothing runs like a Deere. It's a beautiful looking bike. Handles like it is on a rail. Great gas mileage. Comfortable too. All you Buell complainers have no idea. I'll take a bike anyday where all I have to do is put gas in it and change the oil now and then. The only place you jap bikers can even utilize those high revs is on a track. No tracks in Nebraska. Plenty of you sport bike beechez that look like meerkats poking your heads up in the air because of that rod up the arse riding position. Cheers and bring it on ya puassies.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts