Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Re: Florida red sox, right?

The oil needs to be made out of corn, but first, remove the v-twin from your Harley. It is ancient, under powered, and will be no fun to ride on.

While you are doing that, I will sleep with your wife/girlfriend/mother.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep that R1, GSXR1000, CBR1000RR and CRB600RRR are terrible better to have a bike with ancient motor that cost more.. Good thinking..

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's not the displacement...

...that tweeks me: it's the liberal interpretation of production motorcycle that the AMA uses whenever thay have to in order to put a US manufacturer's bike on the grid. Then again, the AMA has a history of biasing it's decisions in favor of the good ole' USofA, too.

Bryan...remember the British invasion?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
did u read the story, billy? i don't think you did. One Buell was up to 7th after stop/go penalty, and crashed playing catch-up. musta been catching up pretty good to make it to 7th.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Since most all bikes are fast enough for the street I'd prefer the bike with the shortest stopping distance. I made up a list of the bikes that MCN teated that stopped from 60 mph in less than 110 feet. (Note that the fastest stopping cars run in the 120s, the 911 for example.)

Buell M2Cyclone

Monster 750

Monster S4

Vrod

Nighthawk 750 (shortest distance of all)

VTX1800

Vulcan Mean Streak

Marauder 800

Speed Triple

Speed 4

TL1000S

Only one "sportbike" on that list. And it's not the ZX6R. Looks like you bought an underperforming bike with a poor cost/performance ratio...

With the awful visibility of the sportbike and the poor handlebar leverage and it's no wonder that the kids on 600s are killing themselves off so quickly.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
wanna bet they are already on the case? i doubt the japanese twins could ever be shrunk small enough tho, they made them MASSIVE bec. that's what cruiser guys like.

Cycle news says Mladin avg. speed at Road America 109 mph, avg speed Rossi at Mugello 105. It is a fast track in other words and the Buell's real advantage is handling. I think.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Don't need to... efficiency over obesity..(Buell)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
That's why I was wondering why the announcers at the beginning of the Superbike race were saying this might be a good track for the Ducatis.

I wouldn't think the Ducs would have any type of top speed advantage being down on Hp.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Could've Should've Would've Didn't..

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
good read in new Cycle News interview with Ducati men y they think they deserve bump to 1200cc. They say V-twin is at end of development life and super-expensive to keep competitive. And I4s are at beginning of development.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
It's obvious really

For most GPTB types I would think that any bike that had forward foot pegs would be easier for them. i.e. they wouldn't get freaked out...Wasn't that yahoo with the thesis of the Big brother Motorcycle Monitioring system from MCN...Since most GPTBs ride only cruisers it is no secret that MCN riders did better on cruisers... You can't tell me that Colin Edwards could stop shorter on a Night Hawk vs. R1..Sorry don't believe it. Another sloppy research thing again by MCN

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't know that given the same displacement, a motor with more cylinders will make more power.

But, Superbike racing is about allowing manfacturers to race what they sell and about coming up with appropriate rules to foster competition.

I certainly don't know if that makes him right. I mean the rules currently penalize 6s, so it's kinda hard to say 4s are superior when the rules don't allow anything else.

I think I could probably go back and quote jb from a previous Mo rant questioning his reasoning skills.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.